Project Elite v3 (Built from source 2.2.1 FRG83) released!

Last Updated:

1. GirLuvsDroid

GirLuvsDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It's been a while coming, because Actngrezy has been working so hard to add new features (some of which he worked with Liquid on) -- and Actngrezy has also been working with Pete to help Pete learn to build from source.

But here it is, Project Elite v.3. [ROM RELEASE] P.E. v3 (Built from source 2.2.1 frg83) - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum

I've been testing it for the last 2 days and it rocks, with lots of new features:

"Changelog/feature list

-Built from source using latest FRG83 proprietaries (credit to P3 for the leak)
    -Updated to latest google apps from frg83 leak (credit P3)
    - Added EliteOptions app for user settings such as rotarylockscreen, lockscreen music controls, led notification with screen on, cpu scaling options, and much more (credit liquid & actngrezy)
    - New scripts that will install cytown phone app, wysie contacts,miui browser, d2 keyboard etc. Also anytime there is an update in the market I will update the apps on my server and you can use the scripts to update youtube, facebook, twitter, etc....this will ensure apps stay in system for theming purposes(credit actngrezy)
    - Added silent back into volume rockers ( you must check silet state in settings/sound to enable this options) (credit cyanogenmod & actngrezy)
    - Long press back to kill apps ( you must enable this setting in settings/applications/development) (credit cyanogenmod & actngrezy)
    - Sampsonite homescreen redraw fix by default (credit sampsonite for fix & actngrezy)
    - Swipe to clear indivdual notifications (credit to cyanogenmod team & actngrezy)
    - New Elite Wallpapers on sdcard (credit to mojo_droid for wallpapers)
    - New Elite boot animation (credit to mojo_droid)
    - New video player icon in app drawer from musicmod (elliot stocker)
    - New Mms compiled from cyanogen source which allows attachments to be saved to any folder on sdcard not just downloads folder. Also long press search button and it will compose a new mms (credit cyanogen)
    - New browser app with extra settings (ful screen browser)(credit to cyanogen)
    - All updated apps genie, facebook, twitter, youtube (you must download voice search from market)
    - Added Appwidget picker (credit to boombluer)
    - fixed lockscreen sounds which werent working in version 2 (credit Actngrezy & Pete)
    - New theme with black bar and Android Green highlights (new gingerbread like browser icon)(thanks to kookahdoo)
    - Themed Market (credit Liquid)

New Scripts

installwycontacts - Installs wycontacts (credit to wysie)
    install cytown - Installs cytown phone app
    installmiuicy - installs cytown phone app with miui dialer (credit to blackdroid and liquid for the app)
    installd2 = Installs d2 Keyboard (after Installing you need to go to settings/keyboard and check the d2 or HTC keyboard. then select it when you're in an empty textfield)
    installhtc - Installs Htc keyboard
    Do Not run I will fix this weekend. sorry about that
    installmb - Installs english version of miui browser (credit to wxrjack and others at xda for app)
    updatefacebook - updates facebook
    updatetwitter - updates twitter
    updatelp - updates launcherpro
    updatetb - updates titanium backup
    installyoutube - installs newest youtube app
    installgmail - installs newest gmail app
    restorecontacts - restores stock contacts
    restorephone - restores stock phone

Remaining scripts
    backupapps - backups all apps
    restoreapps - restores all apps
    chkrec - checks to ensure you still have a recovery image
    compcache start
    compcache stop
    cpuinfo - shows cpu information
    fixperm - fixes permissions of scripts
    godmode - allows any file explorer to view any file
    freemem - frees memory 25mb: 50mb:75mb
    rb - reboots phone
    rr - reboots to recovery
    switchmms - switch any mms apk with one on root of sdcard
    switchboot - switches boot animation with on on the root of your sdcard
    switchlwp - "
    switchmusic "
    sysro - mounts system as read only
    sysrw - mounts system as re-writable
    zipaling_apks - zipaligns all apks. if framework is not zipaligned then run this script while in recovery using adb

Notes - the user interface tweaks if you check battery percentage, it will overlay another percentage on top of the one there. this is because I used images with a percentage in them so if battery images are switch to any without percentage you can still enable a percentage.
    - Still need to fix the save theme portion of the backup and restore theme in elite options"

Advertisement
    johnlgalt likes this.
  2. 1eyebrother

1eyebrother Well-Known Member

Is this in Roms manager?

3. GirLuvsDroid

I don't think so, but you can download it from the link in my OP.

4. 1eyebrother

Dang, I'm at work and can't download from my work computer...I just did a back up and was ready to roll...

5. GirLuvsDroid

You could download it on your Droid -- I've done that using Dolphin HD a bunch of times.

1eyebrother likes this.
  6. akokonas

akokonas Member

That's how I do it I still don't understand why people download it off computer and then transfer it. It takes 5 min

7. 1eyebrother

Worked! Thanks...Looks good so far...Nice and snappy! My apps are downloading now...

8. krouget

krouget Well-Known Member

Sometimes I download on the computer, and place it in dropbox (cloud service) in order to have it stored/sync'd to various locations (though this would also include my go-to kernels).

Either works, depending on what I'm doing.

9. Shoegum

Shoegum Active Member

backing up now. Ill report back. Will be hard to beat my LFY tho except for the 2 batteries a day part.

10. Shoegum

Shoegum Active Member

Not impressed. Exactly like LFY1.9 without my purdy theme. Going back to LFY.

11. chefmaddog

chefmaddog Member

this didn't play well with my droid

kept re-booting so back to UD 2

12. actngrezy

actngrezy Member

There is a patch that stops random reboots. The issue is when unloacking in landscape mode with using regular lockscreen would cause reboots. I forgot to code an xml file. The patch is at droid forums ill post a link here when I get to my comp

Edit: http://projectelite.davekover.com/Final/bootloopfix.zip

Run right after installing rom and all will be good

13. Jeffery

Jeffery Well-Known Member

I like this ROM, but my battery life is horrible with it. Gonna have to switch to something else.

14. selvikin

selvikin Well-Known Member

I'm liking this ROM so far, coming from LFY, its similar in a lot of ways (Love the Elite Options like the Liquid Tweaks for LFY).

Quick things I'd like to note, maybe there's a workaround or something I'm not doing right:
    - Android Onscreen Keyboard Dictionary: Dictionary doesn't auto-suggest other than from what looks like my contacts
    - Wallpaper Gallery FC's: Go into Wallpaper Gallery and it shows two blank "Plus" wallpapers, click on one and FC. (This problem I've had on other ROMs as well, LFY and I think BB too)

15. Nuance

Nuance Active Member

Concerning the Wallpaper issue, I do believe those rom designers put their own custom wallpapers into the gallery section of the phone, not "wallapaper." Look there and you might find a folder called "Liquid's Wallpapers" or whatever.

16. Rollo_Tomasi

Rollo_Tomasi Active Member

I went from LFY and have tried both PE v1 & v2 and although I loved the stock feel of this ROM the auto suggest while I am typing messages or emails is a must have feature. Please (if it's not too hard) put it in this ROM and I'd love to give PE another whirl.

17. GirLuvsDroid

johnlgalt likes this.
  18. Rollo_Tomasi

Rollo_Tomasi Active Member

Thank you for that update & this ROM is great so far! :D

19. twistedlim

twistedlim Well-Known Member

Installed and likin' it so far, nice job!

20. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

Gonna be playing with ROMs in a little bit - been a while since I really played so since I have time tonight, I'm going to play. Thanks for this, GLD, you're gonna keep me up until 4 AM!

21. twistedlim

Finally got around to loading this rom. Amazing smoothness running slayhers 125/800 kernel. Nice! Where do I find the PE wallpapers?

22. GirLuvsDroid

They're on the sd card, under "Elite Papers." There are custom Launcher Pro docks on the sd card, as well.

23. twistedlim

Got it, thanks!