Project for my final year B. Tech

Last Updated: 2012-10-11 17:30:16
  1. ashishthehunk

ashishthehunk Member

Well, basically my teacher has told me to make an andorid app which can connect to a desktop or a laptop wirelessly like via bluetooth and can send a pdf file from android phone to the desktop and then we could be able to print that file through our phone only. We have to somehow create an app which will not only send the file to the computer, but also print that file through the printer which is connected to the computer. All this we have to do remotely through our android phone without even touching the computer. I havent made any adroid app previously :confused: I dont have any idea what to do next... please help me out guys and enlighten me with the app that I have described above :eek:

Advertisement
  2. Brander

Brander Member

Android Application Development Videos

Found the above quiet useful. Covers most of what you will need to know for the Application you are developing. This requires time to watch the videos however.
  3. ashishthehunk

ashishthehunk Member

I was expecting a more detailed solution...
  4. Aluxian

Aluxian Active Member

The trickiest part here is interacting with the computer, but I have an idea: code a java applet to control the printer and bluetooth on the PC and then listen for requests from the phone. Then the app would connect to that applet and do the work. Of course that's a hell lot easier to say than code...

I have no idea how to make the java applet work with bluetooth and the printer, maybe using some windows-specific language (and creating a simple windows app instead of a java applet) would be easier.

Your teacher should've told you more details, are you even familiar with both java and windows programming? If not then this is quite a bad homework...

Good luck.
    ashishthehunk likes this.
  5. ashishthehunk

ashishthehunk Member

I have found the following code on the net, but its not running on my virtual android 2.2 machine. Its always giving "Force close" error.

PrintUtils.java

6. ashishthehunk

ashishthehunk Member

MainActivity.java

7. ashishthehunk

ashishthehunk Member

There were two parts given on that site, and I have mentioned both above. I am using eclipse for compiling and running the code. I am able to debug all the errors of the code, but still on running the code on the virtual android machine, its giving some "Force close" error and the app is forced to be closed. Now what modifications does the above code needs? Do I need to write some another part of the app? Please enlighten me with the same :)