Project FTPTips

1. caved11

caved11 Member

Hi guys,
    I am kinda new to these forums but not to computers, internet and linux.
    Have only started this week with Android, I bought a LG Optimus 2x and a Viewpad 10s. Only after 1 hour of work on these devices i already had the problem of copying files around and exchange them with my win 7 main system.

Thats when it hit me: i were to setup a simple FTP server on my Win7 machine and i used TYPSoft FTP Server on the windows side.

Download TYPSoft FTP Server 1.11 Free - A great FTP server for beginers or advanced users - Softpedia

I don't know if it's still DLable from that site but i can give the UL link since it is freeware.

Om my viewpad 10s and my phone i used AndFTP DLable from the market. The FTP server requires no brains to setup, same as the AndFTP, you only need to know the IP adress of the win7 machine and have a home network with wifi router.

I guess if i know the internet adress of my machine i could also logon from other places and wifi connections to exchange files with my home machine. Just thought i share this on here since it really helps with working on a viewpad. Also i can backup all my software from my viewpad to my win7 machine since it has tons of space.

Hope this helps you guys a bit, for me this is an awesome system of transferring files (no more removing SD Cards) LOL

Have fun!
    Caved

Advertisement