Project GutenburgSupport

Last Updated:

1. David NB

David NB Member

I'm expecting to go into hospital sometime soon, so I've just bought a Nexus 7 hoping to download a load of free books from project Gutenburg.

I downloaded one, but it won't open.

Any idea how I should go about getting some sort of reader that can access the downloads of Project Gutenburg books, what format I should download them in, and basically get to be able to read them?

David B

Advertisement
  2. Claghorn

Claghorn Well-Known Member

I have been alternating between FB Reader and Moon+Reader trying to decide which one I like best. They can both import epub (and other formats) file as well as allow you to download directly from several book catalogs (or define new ones).
  3. David NB

David NB Member

Thanks.

Been making progress myself - downloaded a reader called Aldiko and could import epub files to it.

Will try the others you mention.

Haven't tried audio books yet.

Suppose I treat them as music?

David
  4. jhsrennie

jhsrennie Well-Known Member

I use my N7 mostly for reading books, and Aldiko is my favourite reader. I've tried all the major readers and Aldiko just seems to be nicest to use. You might want to have a look at Gutenberg Australia (Project Gutenberg Australia) as it has more recent books: I think the copyright laws are different in Australia. Also Amazon has lots of ebooks at