Project screenSupport

Last Updated:

1. kennystorholt

kennystorholt Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello.
    Ive searched around and someone said the Xperia x10i has an screen projector glued into the screen. Is this true and how to remove it. I can see that it looks like a projector at the edge on the phone.

Advertisement
  2. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

It is a "Screen Protector" which has been afixed from the factory. I don't think it is glued down, as in permanent, heck most of us just found out about it within the last week or so. Why you may ask, because no company has ever done this, well at least as far as my limited noob knowledge knows. I actually think that was a pretty cool thing they did. The screen is actually GLASS, which a lot of screens are not now a days. The screen is also "Scratch Resistant". But I wouldn't be giving the treatment test to check out that theory. I baby my phones, for example, I just switched from the iPhone. The one I had was the one one released in the summer of 2007. Not a single scratch, blemish or mark any where on it, and I never used a Screen Protector.

Why are you trying to remove yours? Is it scratched up already? Where did you here it was glued? I mean there is some sort of adhesive used that makes it stick to the screen, but all Screen Protectors are made that way, it is the only way they will stay in place.

Gunny

3. paulus3476

paulus3476 Active Member

Second that - this is one of the best screen protectors i,ve ever seen - evidenced by the fact that nobody even realised that it was there until we were told - Leave it on !

4. hal752

hal752 Well-Known Member

Took my off a few weeks back, Because the screen protector was scratched. The screen more responcive in my opinion. Also The screen seems to be scratch resistance, I dropped my Phone yesterday. It landed on the corner and then fell screen first onto concreat. Not a single mark

5. akinvic

akinvic Member

I wouldn't mind knowing if one could get more of the same preinstalled protectors in case it does scratch up. Which of course I hope never happens. I sent SE an email to this effect, so I should hear back, oh within three months. :p

6. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

This is something that no reviewer even noticed prior to this forum finding it out. I mean I have watched a lot of reviews and box opening, and NOT a single one pointed this out. Just goes to show you that NO one does this. Sony caught us off our guard, but in a very GOOD way!

Now if they can just roll out the updates as well as this screen protector is installed and this will be one happy forum!

7. hitokiri

hitokiri Active Member

i was hoping for that too gunny :) cz i believe in SE