Promblems with start on my driod 4 phoneSupport

1. sleepydrone

sleepydrone New Member

I've had my droid 4 for about 2 monthes and it's great, but right after a call, i hung up and turned it off, then when i came home i tried booting it, it wouldnt load so i thought it ran out of batteries, now after 4-5 hours i try loading it and nothing happens, can someone please help!
    (also, when i was "charging" it didn't have the charge on it, like it wasn't working)

Advertisement
  2. AntimonyER

AntimonyER AF Addict VIP Member

Hello sleepydrone, welcome to AF! Sorry to hear of your phone troubles, I moved your thread into the Droid 4 forum, you should get a faster response in here. Thanks for understanding. :)
  3. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

So, you made a call, and after you hung up, the phone (not just the screen) turned off on you, and now it won't charge or boot up? Have you tried booting up into recovery mode? To do that, from the phone being off, just hold the power button, and both volume buttons until you get into the recovery mode screen. To navigate recovery mode, just use volume down to scroll down, and volume up to make selections. If memory serves me correctly, you can tell it to do a normal boot up. If that fails, you can do a factory reset from that menu as well. Let us know how this works!
  4. AMTrombley0924

AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

Also, to help determine if this is a battery problem, do you remember how much charge was left on the phone when you made the call?
  5. carlm123

carlm123 Member

I am having the same problem. Took a call, after the call the screen went black as it usually does. Now won't do anything. I have tried to restart using recovery mode and I get the little droid with an exclamation point in a triangle. What should I try next. Went to VWZ and they told me that the phone is dead and will ned to be replaced. Are they right? Any help appreciated.