Promo plan for unlimited data/text...

Last Updated:

1. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Saw this on BGR, if you click 'read' you will see that you do indeed have to sign a 1 year contract. Also, it looks like ALL family plan lines would have to be on it, not just the smartphone lines. That leaves me out (3 of 5 have Droids, 2 'dumb' phones w/no data). It's also being called "promo" so who knows how long it will really be around.

Verizon Wireless testing Sprint-like, $70, 450-minute, unlimited plan | BGR

Advertisement
    italiansoxgirl25 likes this.
  2. jsward12

jsward12 Well-Known Member

Hmm, I wonder if new customer's are able to get this promo.....?

3. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

The Sprint plan includes unlimited calling to ANY mobile on ANY carrier. This Verizon plan only includes unlimited calling to VERIZON WIRELESS mobile numbers. In this sense it's no different than their standard 450 minute plan, with added unlimited texting and data, but it's $20 per month less.

4. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Well-Known Member

I'd take it for twenty dollars cheaper!

5. UncleMike

UncleMike Well-Known Member

If it meets your needs, then great. But some are holding it up as being equivalent to Sprint's plan, when it's not. Since there are really no new features being offered, it's not so much a promotional plan as it is a promotional price on an existing offering.

6. dragonsamus

dragonsamus Well-Known Member

Yeah, I understand what you're saying. I have that plan now but I pay $90 so I'll definitely take it. :)

7. Clementine_3

Clementine_3 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

It is promo pricing, not a new plan but it may work out well for some folks...if they let you get it.

8. EKhatch

EKhatch Well-Known Member

Just got off the phone with VZW. It was easy as pie to get on the promotion. Was off the phone in like 2 minutes. I had to extend my contract for 1 year but that doesn't bother me as I don't see any reason to be needing to switch carriers any time soon.

9. jsward12

So did you have the email inviting you to the promotion or did you just call up?

10. akkkmed

akkkmed Guest

I got the promotion, too. Easy. We didn't get the email, but we've been customers since 1995. So they didn't have a problem with it. Though, I will mention that I told her I had the email. (This doesn't matter since she said it was already marked on our account that we could do it.)

Went from 1400 minutes, unlimited texting, 5 lines, and 3 data plans at $240/month.
    Now we have 1400 minutes, unlimited texting, unlimited data, 5 lines for $200. Great savings! And we gained a lot, too!

11. EKhatch

No, I just called up and said I had gotten an email a few days ago about a promotion. Guy got me set up no questions asked. :)

12. slosh

slosh Well-Known Member

i received the promo also today. great going to get 2 more droid putting the whole family on droids

13. jsward12

I wonder what VZW would do if you have a new account? Would you be eligible for this promotion?

14. AEK

AEK New Member

Can anyone that has gotten that e-mail post it? I am with verizon now and out of contract and was waiting for a BOGO with the Droid X or Fascinate, yea I know I missed out on the Fasinate back in September.

I need to get new phone as my Moto Razr2 is getting a bit old and tired.

15. EKhatch

16. dnelson17

dnelson17 New Member

I just called Verizon again for the 4th time this week.

Told them I would like the $69.99 unlimited data plan and I got the same
    canned reason why I am not able to get it.

I told them that was ok, but that I want to drop my Verizon wireless service.
    She *immediately* put me on hold, came back and said they could override
    and give me the promotion!

So, now my monthly charge will be $20 less a month! AND my corporate 22% discount is still applied! VERY happy!! :)

17. jsward12

I read somewhere, where the $69.99 plan would also get you the 5 friends and family feature. Anyone have any luck with that as well?

18. 2003vstrom

2003vstrom Well-Known Member

yes I did the switch this morning and about 5 minutes ago Add my wife`s number which she is with ATT service so I have unlimited text and calling to my wife and I have four other people I can add. :D

19. jsward12

So, did you have the real "invite"? So as of now, you have the unlimited data 450 min plan with the 5 F&F feature?

20. 2003vstrom

I have the 450 minutes unlimited data and text and the 5 friends and family and I did not have the real invite plus I have only been with version for maybe 6 months thats it, I just clicked on the link at the begininng of the the thread and called the number on the flyer that was at the link above and mention the unlimited text and data and 450 mintues for 69.99 and and the women told me no problem, I got to keep my fully upgrade status for the next sweet phone that comes out, about 20 mins later I received a text stating my plan had changed and hour later another text about setting up my 5 friends and family online :D

jsward12 likes this.
  21. jsward12

Oh man that is awesome news. I am thinking of switching from SPRINT to this plan because with my CORP discount and this plan I would be paying around $65.

22. 2003vstrom

23. jsward12

24. lonzom10

lonzom10 Well-Known Member

Just called and switched myself. Went from the 1400 min, unlimited data and 250 texts on both phones for around $220 a month to 1400 min, unlimited data and unlimited texts on both phones for $170. Plus I didn't have to extend my contract sense I renewed a couple of months ago. Loving the fact I got more and saved $40-$50 per month.

25. bobojay

bobojay Member

If this plan is available when I can switch from AT&T, it'll make up my mind as to which network I'll go with. Sprint or VZW.
    It'll be VZW.