• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Prompting PIN

jvik

Lurker
Jun 12, 2011
Hey guys. Four days ago I bought a brand new LG Optimus LGP990 (optimus x2). Everything seemed to be good, but after a couple of hours the phone prompted pin code. I entered it and I didn't think much about it until I noticed that I didn't receive any calls or text messages.

I rebooted phone and things worked as usual again. This occurs about 6 times a day, and reboot is the only way to fix it. I went back to the store and said it was as this when I got it. They gave me a new LGP990, but the same problem happen with the new phone I got. I didn't install any applications, and I even did a factory restore with the same result.

I thought it could be the batch the store got, but they had sold several other phones of the same batch and no problems was reported. Could it be my google account/a contact or something corrupting the OS?

Happens to me several times a day. A reboot is usually not required, only that I give the correct PIN. Sometimes the PIN screen gets screwed so that even if I give the correct PIN it gives an error for wrong one and constantly says that I have three tries left. The reboot is the only option

Luckily this is my work phone so I do not have to suffer with this rather disappointing device any longer.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones