Support Proper way to stop mp3 player?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rsarno, Aug 17, 2010.

1. rsarno

rsarno Thank Me, Im Irish!
    VIP Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Westchester, NY
    I use the mp3 player often, the dInc replaced my ipod :)

But sometimes i will pause the music because i dont know how to really "stop" it, and let the phone charge overnight. The next day when i unplug my headset, the music starts playing on the speaker!

I had the exact issue on my blackberry, and never investigated it.

Advertisement

2. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants
    VIP Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Network Admin
    Chicago
    I just force close it. Lol.

3. Whohulkwalk

Whohulkwalk Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    use advance task killer to kill it

4. upther

upther Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Micco, FL
    Once you pause the music, it becomes an inactive app. It isn't running, it isn't using battery power, it's just sitting there in cache waiting for you to start it again. Same thing is supposed to happen when you unplug the headphones. Sounds like yours is working backwards. Maybe try unplugging the headset first instead of just pausing it.

5. killadanny

killadanny Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2010
    use advanced task killer free to kill it, bam one click, done :D

6. upther

upther Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Micco, FL
    Ugh, don't use a task killer to kill the program. There's no point and you'll end up wasting more battery power than you realize.

7. rsarno

VIP Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Westchester, NY
    It is not as cut and dry as that

I will listen to music with headset on, pause music, unplug headset several times throughout the day and nothing happens.

But then for some reason once in a while i will unplug the headset and all of a sudden i hear music from the speakerphone. So it is not predictable, something is happening thats bringing the app active again at some point

I feel if i just closed the program, rather than pausing it, i wouldnt have this issue. It could also be related to me using the Music Widget to do the pause.

Not sure

8. sabrewings

sabrewings Well-Known Member

May 26, 2010
    Avionics
    Same thing happens occasionally with Pandora if I don't menu->quit it.

9. upther

upther Well-Known Member

May 7, 2010
    Micco, FL
    The only time I seem to have an issue is if I get a phone call while listening through the aux input in my car. If I unplug the cord so I can talk on the phone, there are times when the music will start back up once the phone call ends. Most of the time it stays paused though.

If you're like me and you use the music player a lot throughout the day, using a task killer to end the program will not be a good thing.

10. rsarno

VIP Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Westchester, NY
    This just happened to me again and it was very embarrassing

Last night i was pretty wasted and hanging out with this girl, we were playing a game and playing stupid songs on my phone then singing along with it. Whatever, had fun. when it was over i had my Music open, i hit pause, and kept hitting the back button til it closed. No issues.

Today i plugged/unplugged my headset 4 or 5 times throughout the day, no issues.

Then i entered a meeting with a client, unplugged my headset at the table .. and Some George Michael song played on speaker at full blast.

WTF i was in the middle of a boardroom what is this??

11. Reddog80p

Reddog80p Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Northern Illinois
    I'd recommend phone on silent when your in important meetings. There's nice widgets that can switch all audio settings in a couple of taps.

12. rsarno

VIP Member

Jun 6, 2010
    Westchester, NY
    All i did was unplug my headset and sit down lol.