Proper way to transfer data from 2gb to 16gb...Support

Last Updated:

1. 5150Marley

5150Marley Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have a new 16gb card that I got... what is the proper way to transfer files??

I want to backup my contacts and add photos and media to the new 16gb card..

Any links tips or tricks to make this easy...

My 2gb card was in my incredible when I activated it.... does this change anything??

Any help is appreciated... I looked but I didnt find any info when I did a search.

Advertisement
  2. c_aus

c_aus Disabled

Just copy and paste should work. I don't believe contacts are saved to the SD, but if you just drag the entire contents from one to the other you should be fine.

Edit - exactly what A. Nonymous said below is what I meant. My description just was a bit lacking in detail :)

3. A.Nonymous

A.Nonymous Well-Known Member

I would mount the card in the computer, copy the data from it, swap it out of the phone, put the new card in there, mount it on the computer and copy the data back. Low tech, but that's how I would do it.

4. justinandroid

justinandroid Member

yeah, just do a drag and drop / copy and paste from one card to the other on your computer.

I went from a 2gb to 16gb with no issues. Didn't have anything of importance on the 2gb. All the necessary system files from the incredible will load on the 16gb automatically.

5. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

Ok this is what I would do and someone could correct me if I am wrong.

Take every file from the 2GB card and place it on your computer.

Format the new 16GB car in the device.

Take everything off the card and place all your files from the 2GB card from your computer to the 16GB one.

6. 5150Marley

So that means if the files arent there they will be put on the card?? If no card in the incredible does all that info goto the phones memory??

Or would a factor reset be easier and add all my stuff again?? I dont have any pics, vids on my sd card now.

7. Kwake

Kwake Member

Great post! I was wondering this exact same thing myself since I am about to upgrade my SD card

8. Scrops

Scrops Well-Known Member

This is what I did. The phone couldn't mount the card the first time, so I restarted the phone and all was well. All in all took less than 10 minutes.

9. 5150Marley

Can I do this on my mac?? Or will I have to bust out my P.O.S PC?