• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Properly charge Captivate battery

circazero

Jul 16, 2010
LA, CA
For any android phone. How should one use/ charge the phone when it's new?

I know that With the nexus one, people are told to fully charge the phone for an amount of time before even turning on the phone.

Once I get my samsung captivate should I do the same or something different?

Thanks

There's no conditioning needed for li-ion batteries, and no harm in using the device the minute you get it on whatever factory charge the battery has.

But if you have the time, it's not a bad idea to let it run completely out of power, charge it to full and run it down to zero again so that the battery meter is accurate.

Reactions: t-readyroc
Upvote 0
i just recently heard a tcpj podcast and this topic was brought up.

once you plug your phone to the charger it is recommended to charge the battery to full. whether it is completely depleted or half charged.

it is not recommended to half charge or partially charge your battery and then reconnect for a few minutes or partially charge if in a car or at a temporary spot.

always fully charge once you connect it to the wall charger, stay away fom car chargers and aftermarket chargers.

i always keep a spare battery in order to avoid partial charges on one battery.

good luck and god bless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones