Pros and cons about acer iconia a100 tabGeneral

Last Updated: 2012-04-10 17:42:47
  1. Nbgorman

Nbgorman Well-Known Member

Hello
    Umm i am considering getting the acer a100 tab so any of you have comments on this device???

Advertisement
  2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

I have the Acer Iconia A500 tab, which is just the 10.1" version of the A100 (which is 7"). It's a solid tablet. No complaints with it, so far, and I've owned the tablet for a few months already.
  3. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

*moved to Acer Iconia Tab A100 forum*

You will get the best reviews here, from the members who own the A100. :D
  4. richardd43

richardd43 Member

If you are looking for a 7" tablet the Acer A100 is hard to beat.

I have an ASUS Transformer and the Acer A100 and find the A100 pretty much a miniature of the Transformer.
  5. mdnicholas

mdnicholas Member

I have owned the A100 since Oct and it is a solid device. Have not had any problems whatsoever. All applications that I have installed went smooth and run as specified. Battery life is my only gripe but I just power it off when not using it and I can easily get a day or two between charges. You won't regret this purchase. Haven't installed the leaked ICS ROM yet. Waiting for official release but what I have senior it on the A100 is slick. Makes the A100 even more desirable.
  6. SamZzz

SamZzz Member

I've had mine for about a month and have been very happy with it. Keep it charged and you'll not regret your purchase. It's very solid. No OS issues or anything so far. I've installed several apps on it an nd everything had run perfectly.
  7. blackjaguar25

blackjaguar25 Well-Known Member

Battery and viewing angles and keyboard lag. Everything else is great.
  8. schillerA100

schillerA100 Member

I sold my soul to Apple years ago but when my wife bought me an iPad I just never could warm up to it. It was just to big and not vertical enough. I think that with the new iPad it is clear that Apple is not working hard enough to make their tablet a replacement for a laptop computer. When I read that Steve Jobs had no intention of producing a 7 inch model I was out and traded my 1st generation iPad for a brand new a100. Overall I would describe that the a100 is a bit more clunkier than the iPad. Some of the apps crash from time to time but not enough to be an issue for me. The Acer is as close to a replacement laptop that I have found and stopped hauling around my MacBook Pro back and forth to work. The only thing that I have real issue with is battery life, but I like this tablet so much that I am taking the time to continue to learn it and android so that when a successor to the a100 comes out I will be first in line to get one. I am already looking everyday for the official Ice Cream Sandwich update to come out sometime this month. Hope my opinion helps.