Pros and Cons, sense vs. (ninja)blur

Last Updated:

1. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Ni Dieu Ni Maitre Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help me make my decision between the HTC Incredible, the Droid 2 and the Droid X.

I'm leaning towards the Droid X at this point over the Droid 2, because the physical keyboard seems superfluous. I type much more quickly on my iPod Touch than I do on my phone, which has a physical qwerty on it. I'm hoping Swype and a bigger screen will make it even better. For that reason, the Droid 2 is kind of a long shot, in my opinion.

Alas, it's mostly down to the X and the Incredible. After having read up on the specs of both rather extensively for the past few weeks (I'll have money to kill my AT&T contract and get on with Verizon sometime this month), the only thing I haven't been able to research very well is Sense versus the stripped-down version of Blur on the phones.

Can someone help me figure out the pros and cons of each? I'd go to a Verizon store and just play with the phones myself, but there isn't one nearby.

Advertisement
  2. Isthmus

Isthmus Well-Known Member

Here is a chart that might be useful to you:

[​IMG]

Here is another one that includes the Samsung Galaxy (worth considering):

[​IMG]

and here is another one that includes the droid X and the droid 2:

[​IMG]

3. jasondhsd

jasondhsd Well-Known Member

Ni Dieu Ni Maitre likes this.
  4. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Ooh, I forgot to take into account battery life. Good call, brah.

5. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Anything else?

6. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Well-Known Member

I have a Droid X, and my friend has a Droid Incredible. I don't really see much difference between the way the two work, but then again, we are both running LauncherPro, so neither of us are really using Sense or Blur! I did use Blur for a week or so, and from the few times I played with Sense on his phone, they don't really seem that different to me. Maybe some small differences, but I wouldn't let this be the deciding factor for you, they both work very well. I didn't know about the batt life difference when I was deciding between the two myself, but I was suckered in by the huge screen on the DX, and I am totally happy with this phone! I even had to pay the ETF on my iPhone 3Gs to get it, and I don't even care, totally worth it! By the way, I have kind of smallish hands, and I was worried about the size of the DX, but it turned out to be a non-issue.

Ni Dieu Ni Maitre likes this.
  7. imtoomuch

imtoomuch Well-Known Member

8. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Very helpful post, because I don't exactly have massive hands either and was wondering about how that would impact my satisfaction with the DX.

I will take battery life over display, as long as the display is "good enough", which the DX's is.

9. Hrethgir

Glad I could help. And the DX screen is more than "good enough". Side-by-side with my buddies Incredible, you don't see a huge difference. His colors "pop" a little more, and his display uses less power, but the DX screen looks great, and makes his screen look tiny, which is awesome! And even though the my LCD uses more power than his AMOLED, I get great battery life! He's not too far off, but he has an upgraded battery too.

Oh, and here are a couple pictures of my hand with a standard business card for size reference:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I never was able to palm a basketball!

10. marefin

marefin Well-Known Member

you know what they say about guys with big hands................they can hold a bigger Android phones :D .......makes me wonder if someone like shaq would prefer the dell streak....

11. Ni Dieu Ni Maitre

Damn, I can read every word on those cards.
    Please tell me you took (and edited) those pics with your DX ;)

12. Hrethgir

Took, yes. Edited, no. I just uploaded them straight to Photobucket and edited them there. I don't really have much in the way of photo editing apps on my phone... yet! But they certainly were taken with my DX! Only setting change I've made to the camera was turning Steady Shot on, and that really seems to have made the pics much crisper!