• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Proscan PLT7044K Browser crashes

misery68

Lurker
Aug 15, 2012
A week ago I received this tablet as a gift and so far I think its a Piece of Junk! Each time I launch the browser and I click on any link, I get a message saying "Unfortunately the browser has stopped and will now close" also Gmail crashes,my gmail account and sons gmail email account won't open at all whether we try to log in via the web (Which crashes) or through the gmail app.
I can not install any market's so I can not find any app to fix the problems I am having (again,Because I cant click on any links!!).

Via USB, I have installed on my SDCARD ,google play, 1mobile market appz to try and download appz that would help resolve my issues and once again Those appz and all others will crash, I can not download any attachments via Hotmail email I get a message stating that there is no file association with this format "apk" , again I tried downloading through the installed web browser and I tried to run the Dolphin Browser just to see if it was the installed browser itself that it crappy but The dolphin browser crashes as well.

My son has a Uniden 7 inch internet tablet with ICE CREAM Sandwich 4.0 and on his sdcard I was able to install google play and other various appz and games with out any problems, it just runs slower

I tried using the installed Help app and it just brings me to the manufacturers website and There isn't any help or support there at all!! I emailed the company and Have not received any response,no support,
Below I have supplied the Product details from the manual and their website..ANY help will be Appreciated!! :)

proscanvideo.com/item.asp?itemnmbr=PLT7044K

PROSCAN Model #PLT7044K

Product Specification

OS - Google Android 4.1
CPU - 3 Core 1.2GHz main chip(up to)+ Super 3D GPU + 1080P media processor
System RAM - 512MB DDR III
Memory- 4GB NAND Flash
LCD- 7" 800*480 LED - backlit panel
Touch Panel- 2 point Capacitive touch screen
WIFI- 802.11 b/g/n
Camera -(front) 0.3 -megapixel
Ethernet LAN - Yes (by USB RJ45 dongle)
3G - Yes (by USB3G USB dongle)
Gravity- 3D gravity sensor
Music format- MP3,WMA,FLAC,A AC,OGG,WAV,APE
Video format- VP8,RMVB,RM,MOV,MPG,MP4,AVI,3GP,DAT, FLV,MKV,...etc.
Picture format -JPEG, BMP, GIF,PNG

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones