• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Today my touchscreen quit working completely. I cleared all data and re flashed to no success. I believe it is the digitizer that went out.
So i made the choice of using my protectcell insurance plan. What do you think the chances of them having a Spectrum is? I wouldn't mind getting a different phone. Also after i submitted my request i noticed online there has been some issues of people getting really bad shape or even stolen phones sent to them.
What do you guys think or have heard?

Today my touchscreen quit working completely. I cleared all data and re flashed to no success. I believe it is the digitizer that went out.
So i made the choice of using my protectcell insurance plan. What do you think the chances of them having a Spectrum is? I wouldn't mind getting a different phone. Also after i submitted my request i noticed online there has been some issues of people getting really bad shape or even stolen phones sent to them.
What do you guys think or have heard?

I haven't had to use my insurance, so I can't really speak on that.

There's been plenty of people who have reported getting spectrums (refurbed) for insurance claims. Though, some of them have had issues with them. IF you do, you should be able to cycle through a couple until you get one that works somewhat decently.

Upvote 0
Not very happy with the phone so far. When i turned the phone on, the activate setup must have already been done, and would not activate to my sim card. The car home app was turning on and off constantly and force closing all the open apps. Verizon could not activate my phone until i did a factory hard reset. Was able to activate after that, but car home was still acting up and doing that. It does it off and on. I have updated my phone to ics, thru the updates and it seems to have stop so far. You guys think this is a hardware issue or software? Should i call tje protectcell and ask for a different one?

Upvote 0
Not very happy with the phone so far. When i turned the phone on, the activate setup must have already been done, and would not activate to my sim card. The car home app was turning on and off constantly and force closing all the open apps. Verizon could not activate my phone until i did a factory hard reset. Was able to activate after that, but car home was still acting up and doing that. It does it off and on. I have updated my phone to ics, thru the updates and it seems to have stop so far. You guys think this is a hardware issue or software? Should i call tje protectcell and ask for a different one?

There's no telling. Personally I'd I got a warranty phone and anything seemed off about it... I'd ask for another. They're all refurbished at this point so they're going to turn them out as cheaply as possible to maintain profit margins.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones