• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Protected Apps Problem....still

brykins

Android Enthusiast
Nov 17, 2009
Peterborough, UK
I really don't know what to do about this - I can't seem to get any help anywhere.

I have a T-Mobile G2 (HTC Hero) and it is exactly as it came from T-Mobile. It's not hacked, unlocked, rooted or anything. There are no ROM updates to apply. It ought to be the same as every other G2 in the UK on T-Mobile.

There are a number of applications that I want to buy but can't find them on the Market (Record It, Twidroid Pro, Flight Director, Jewellust, to name a few). I have searched, browsed, used barcodes and direct links from the trial apps to the full versions.

I have checked that they are compatible with 1.5 and available in the UK. All positive answers.

I have emailed T-Mobile and they claim that they have no control over what apps show in the Market and to check the Market Help - useless.

All that is left is Google - it seems that the Market itself is causing me to not be able to see these apps. How do I get in touch with Google? Does anyone else have this problem? Is it being worked on? I am getting VERY frustrated as this is NOT the user experience that Google/HTC/etc are advertising.

I think the Market may filter based on your device, OS version, geographical location or a combination of those. I know you said that they are available in the UK and compatible with your OS, but do you know anybody specifically with a G2 on T-Mobile that is able to use those apps? If not it may be a device restriction - why I don't know.

If there are any apps you want that are free (won't pirate the paid ones), I wouldn't mind e-mailing you the APKs.

Upvote 0
The developer of Record It told me that HE himself uses it on a G2 in the UK on T-Mobile and that he's made no restrictions that would stop me using the application.

I don't know anyone else with the same phone on T-Mobile. In fact, I would ctually advise anyone I know, right now, to avoid Android on T-Mobile specifically because of this farce.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones