protected apps

1. William509

William509 Member

How do I move or backup a protected app? I have an app that is no longer available online and will be lost if I do a Factory Reset. It lists as 'protected' and I cannot back it up. My phone is not rooted.

Advertisement
  2. ubuntujason

ubuntujason New Member

I believe you would have to root the phone, then back up the app you wish to keep and then do whatever ... a factory reset if you need to or install a new rom etc.

another option, is to search for the app on line ... google [or bing or w/e] appname.apk [apk is the android app file extension] and you may find a copy of it somewhere [I know i found some i needed on 4share (i think that was the site lol)]

good luck!
    ~j
  3. jefboyardee

jefboyardee Well-Known Member

I use AppMonster Pro to automatically create SDK backups of everything I install...

AppMonster is an application manager for Android smartphones and tablets, that provides anything regarding installed Android Apps (like backup, restore, manage), by simple and powerful user interface.
  4. William509

William509 Member

Thanks very much for the info. I will try appmonster first, but it must wait until I get back.