Protecting the HTC Desire

Last Updated:

1. Ozor Mox

Ozor Mox Member This Topic's Starter

What do you guys think is the best way to protect the HTC Desire? I can be as careful as anything, but it's a phone and inevitably it will get dropped, and it's the first phone I've had that is basically one giant glass screen! I'd like to do something to stop it from exploding into a million pieces if I drop it on the pavement or something!

By the way, absolutely loving the HTC Desire and Android, coming from Symbian!

Advertisement
  2. Pryomancer

Pryomancer Well-Known Member

There are a few cases specifically for the Desire. However there are nowhere near as many as there are for other phones. A lot of cases made for the Nexus One will also fit the Desire.

3. antipesto93

antipesto93 Well-Known Member

4. Kendoji

Kendoji Well-Known Member

I'm coming from Symbian too, and the Desire is indeed wonderful. Haven't found a case yet, but I have ordered a Zagg Invisible Shield for the screen.

5. audiotech

audiotech New Member

If you really that concerned about protecting the HTC Desire, then the best case I would advise you to get is the Noreve Traditional Leather Case for the Nexus One from either Mobilefun.co.uk or the official Noreve.com website. Don't worry it will fit the HTC Desire and offer the best protection available. It will set you back about

6. irbdavid

irbdavid New Member

I picked up a leather iPhone 3GS slip case from play.com, which fits my HTC fine, protrudes maybe ~3 mm from the bottom, and the small holes for the speakers aren't in quite the right place, but other than that it's fine. Covers the screen nicely, and unless you knew, you wouldn't be able to tell it's not designed for the HTC.

7. d.knight99

d.knight99 Well-Known Member

8. Quazar

Quazar Well-Known Member

You don't really need a case immediately so no protection at the moment, waiting for a good hard case to come out before I get one!

9. Erik R

Erik R Member

10. mr-mixalot

mr-mixalot Active Member

I bought myself a Zagg Total Shield, they have a 40% voucher at present as well, so its dirt cheap considering you get a Lifetime Warrranty thrown in as well

11. Ozor Mox

Ozor Mox Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the links. I'm not that bothered about scratches and marks and things. It's a phone, that sort of thing will happen eventually! More protecting it from a fall onto a pavement or something. I guess I need to look at a silicone type case or perhaps a pouch of some kind.

12. ali87

ali87 Member

Great find! Will vote for it now.
    Do you know if others are making similar cases? This is exactly what I'm looking for, I came across Incipio's products, they've got a case for the N1, they make some of the best slim profile cases, they call them "Feather", just check the variety of cases they've got for the iPhone.
    You think we can get them to make some for the Desire?