Protective case compatible with desktop dock?

Last Updated:

1. milehigh

milehigh New Member This Topic's Starter

Looking for a motoDROID protective case that is compatible with the multimedia desktop dock / charging station. Some reviews I've read indicate that the DROID won't seat properly in the dock with case XYZ installed. Any recommendations? Cases to be avoided?

Advertisement
  2. johnlgalt

johnlgalt Antidisestablishmentarian VIP Member

I have not found one either. In every case (no pun intended) the case, or hte back part in 2piece versions, needs to be removed.

Honestly, though, with clearance (or lack thereof, as there is only a 1 mm clearance around the body of the phone when in the dock) issues the only thing I can see working would be those clear shield / body covers that I have seen advertised. Furthermore, since they are in lots of little pieces b/c of the angular lines of the DROID, I don't want them as they still do not provide full protection around the phone.

+1 to anyone who finds a *good* medium or heavy duty case that can work in the MM dock - and double kudos if it also works in the Car dock (which has even less clearance).

3. johnny99

johnny99 Active Member

I don't think there are any hard cases that work with the Motorola dock. Seido makes a dock that works with its hard case.

4. ezeStand

ezeStand Active Member

An alternative is to use the ezeStand as your multimedia dock. It costs much less than the OEM dock and will work with most Droid cases.

5. Sandra55

Sandra55 Member

Do you know whether the otter box case work with the charging station? Some innovative person could make a fortune if they would design one that fits.

6. barry99705

barry99705 Well-Known Member

Unless Otterbox makes a desk/car dock, it won't work. No case will work with the stock docks, they just don't have the space available.

7. Helenoftroy08

Helenoftroy08 Well-Known Member

I can verify that this stand not only works great, but works with my verizon leather hardcase with no problem!

ezeStand likes this.