• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Protest agains mmx to release kernel source

android155

Apr 2, 2012
I am writing this post on behalf of all the users of mmx Mobile who are protesting against mmx as they are not releasing the kernel source codes of android mobiles :mad:...android is open-source which means the mobile maker must release the kernel source codes & the users can modify the kernel...all other companies like htc,Samsung, LG etc release the kernel source codes .Micromax is violating gpl & gnu rules( open-source rules). Please PROTEST against it ! to google or consumer courts.....protest against it to give ur phones the taste of ICS ! :D:D:D:p:p:p

Reactions: RD07 and gknayak9
kumar......i am trying to make this protest more familier with people....trying to spread this message all over....just to make sure that people dont stay unawared......and people do seem reluctant.....there has been like 160 views and still just single digit comments !

Upvote 0
Guys, not that i am not instrusted, but this is the least level of protest starting up !
Earlier for A70, we tried all sorts of stuffs !!! literally spamming there inboxes ... Overloading there Facebook page ... nothing helped ...
Also, Varun started a campaign on our Facebook group and on XDA which did not help !
Tried change.org as well ... Huge support from XDA members as well ...
but alas nothing has yet worked so far !!
Once this problem was also pointed in the XDA news ... we tried contacting GPL as well ... but seems the problem is just like, "Face It" !

though that does not mean, we cannot try once more :)

I just went back and got this :
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/oems-and-gpl-compliance/

Also read the comments if you want to ;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones