1. Good things coming in just a couple hours, stay tuned!
    Dismiss Notice

Prototype 2

Last Updated:

1. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

Anyone pick this up? I didn't play the first one but heard it was good. I thought about picking the new one up. I need something new and exciting.

Advertisement
  2. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

I had the first one and enjoyed tearing the city to shreds w/ Alex Mercer. I haven't purchased any new games in quite a while, so I don't know if this one is any good, but from what I have read - it seems to be quite the upgrade from the last installment.
  3. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

I played the first one... it was pretty good - good fun... I can imagine that the second one would be worth a look :)
  4. nyydynasty

nyydynasty Well-Known Member

i liked the first one. I'll probably rent this one, though.
  5. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

yeah all the reviews i've read on the 2nd one say it's good.
  6. 9to5cynic

9to5cynic Well-Known Member

I didn't play the first one either, but I must say I am quite interested in this. Probably pick it up after the price goes down. It's hard to justify spending that much on a game....(save skyrim ;))
  7. NYCHitman1

NYCHitman1 Gun for Hire Developer

9to5cynic likes this.
  8. alostpacket

alostpacket Over Macho Grande? VIP Member

I liked the first one somewhat, but it had just about the worst story in gaming, ever.

But it was still fun. Definitely a discount-bin/on-sale type buy for me though.
  9. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

I played and really liked prototype and I'm pretty sure the 2nd is going to be good too.
  10. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

Didn't play the 1st one but rented this one from Redbox. Fun game but it gets repetitive after the first few hours.
  11. Prinny

Prinny Resident Linux Nutcase

More or less like the first. Fun but repetitive after a few hours. Although the opening cutscene in the first is kinda badass.
  12. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

I just finished it after getting it when it launched for the 360.

What I will say is some added things made it easier to fight, play and finish this game vs 1. At the same time....those same things woulda made 1 better IMO. More frustrating times in 1.

When I game gets too frustrating I stop playing for months, maybe years...lol.
  13. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

completely agree. there was a couple parts in 1 that SUCKED! i got completely stuck on the last boss... that was well over a year ago, havent played it since....
  14. Trizzyb12

Trizzyb12 New Member

Never played the first one but the second is real good
  15. jroc

jroc Well-Known Member

It woulda been good to play 1 first. It was fun trying to see if the area from 1 was in 2. And seeing what it looked at after 1.
  16. thicks56

thicks56 Well-Known Member

Played finished and enjoyed prototype one but it did have alot of issues and the last badguy was absolutely solid even on normal difficulty.

Just finished prototype 2. really enjoyed it great game.

Only problem i have with it was that they seemed to have gone abit too far the other way with the difficulty. Played my first playthrough on hard and it wasnt even challenging till i got to the 3rd island. And the final badguy only took a few goes and about 15 mins to defeat.
    jroc likes this.