Proud New Owner!General

1. lucas.childers

lucas.childers Well-Known Member

Best Buy had this on sale. Being my first tab, I'm super excited! Its updating to 3.2 right now, is there anything special TouchWiz is going to do for me here?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member

The mini-apps and screen capture facility that come with 3.2 are nice, but TW is just "okay." I much prefer Zeam launcher (versions prior to 3.1.10) or SPB Shell 3D.
  3. lucas.childers

Thanks! Ill try out some different launchers.
  4. bloodylipp

bloodylipp Well-Known Member

i prefer the new go launcher HD. its not in the play store yet, have to go to their website
  5. Mr. Lucky

Mr. Lucky Well-Known Member

Hmm, wasn't aware of that. I tried Go Launcher EX on the tab, and although nice, was just too slow compared to the other two I mentioned (or even Touchwiz). I see that HD is now at v1.0. Does that mean themes and widgets for EX work with it? Any screen shots?
  6. bloodylipp

http://down.goforandroid.com/soft/3GHeart/golauncher/pad/GO_Launcher_HD.apk

i would just dl and try it. its free and a very quick install. its quicker for you to install and test than i would be for me to screen shot upload and show. it does have widgets.

i have tried spb, go regular, adw ex, launcher pro.... this one is the only one currently i like. just waiting for themes.
  7. lucas.childers

Thanks for all the replies! Defiantly going to try these out.
  8. johnny424

johnny424 Well-Known Member

im using Apex launcher..its pretty sweet..it is available on the market now
  9. lucas.childers

Tried Go Launcher HD. Its very smooth, a bit to lazy to set everything up right now. Im going to try Apex Launcher.
  10. bloodylipp

apex looks great, but i have not rooted yet, im waiting for ICS first
  11. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

I'm thinking of getting this tab, too, to upgrade from my wifi only 7".

I'm seeing this on sale for about $400 (U.S.), how much did you pay for yours, and what region are you in, if I may ask?
  12. lucas.childers

I'm in the US. I just got the 32GB from Best Buy for $460 on sale.
    Frisco likes this.
  13. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Thanks, lucas.

These things are still getting great reviews as compared to more expensive tabs. Plus I like the idea of sticking with Samsung Galaxy series.
  14. lucas.childers

Yep! Although its a year old, you may still put it in the top 5 for tablets. The build qualty of Samsung is very nice too.
  15. bezerk19

bezerk19 Well-Known Member

What was the "sale" price and was it the 16GB or 32GB?
  16. Jacksmyname

Jacksmyname Well-Known Member

I bought two about a week ago from Best Buy; price was $469, and included a $25 gift card.
  17. lucas.childers

Exactly.
  18. mattbourge

mattbourge Member

Congrats on the sale! I have owned a tab 10.1 since last summer and it is amazing!! Definitely an elite tablet and I just can't wait for it to get an official ICS update. :thumbup:
  19. GirlFriday

GirlFriday Well-Known Member

Congrats! I just ordered one myself. It will be delivered tomorrow. My only worry is the Newton Rings thing. The one I ordered is refurbished but still has very high ratings and I got it from a very well known, legit retailer so I hope it will be problem free!
  20. lucas.childers

What is the Newtons Rings issue? I've seen a it about it. Don't know what it is.
  21. bfksc

bfksc Well-Known Member

I believe it's a visible defect between the digitizer and screen. Just google "samsung tab newton rings" and you'll find lots of info and images. It kind of looks like an oil slick under the screen when it's turned off too.