proximity detector

Last Updated:

1. dj.GETAFIX

dj.GETAFIX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

i had no idea that the htc had a proximity detector untill i read a thread about the posibility of useing it to stop your phone unlocking in your pocket..
    the thread made me aware that there is a problem, and i had wondered how my phone was able to phone out when in my pocket...

my question is this....
    i have put a clear scrach filter on the phone but it virtualy covers the
    proximity detector... as the filter is clear and was desighned for touch screen phones, will it affect the way the proximity detector works???
    and what is it yoused for anyway??

Advertisement
  2. MrCave

MrCave Member

A decent screen protector should not impair the proximity detector.

The proximity detector is used for detecting when you answer a call and place the phone to your ear, which in turn blanks the screen.

3. gie62001

gie62001 Well-Known Member

sorry for my input but i always thought it was a proximity sensor and not detector :)
    ok corrections asside it's true no high quality screen protector should affect the way proximity sensor works. however, there is a chance if when you're applying screen protector some dust will get under your protector then it might affect the way it works.
    as for me i used to have screen protector on samsung galaxy i7500 and it never affected the way it works, but im not using any protection on my desire so cant comment on that :)

4. dj.GETAFIX

dj.GETAFIX Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

thanks to both of you for your replys :)
    makes a lot of sence to have them. before i had the htc desire i had the samsung wave for 2 weeks and it was prone to interpreting my ear on the screen when i answered a call as if i was touching it with my finger to operate it. either the wave is made cheeper and without the sensor or it was
    faulty. either way im gald the htc desire has never actied that way... :D