• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Proximity sensor disabled while in-call and bluetooth enabled; Galaxy S6 G920F

xy7el

Lurker
Aug 30, 2016
If I'm wearing my neckbuds and someone calls me with my phone in my pocket, I am prone to going ham on the keypad and hanging up, due to the display not turning off, ever. Toggling off the bluetooth function inside the call enables earpiece and turns on the proximity sensor again, and turning on speakerphone creates the same situation as with bluetooth enabled.

I've tried multiple apps to resolve this issue, among them "Llama", which configured correctly will turn off the display every time I engage in a call and my neckbuds are connected. However, this turns it off even if I'm actively using the phone and also requires me to unlock the phone via my security pattern due to a third-party app turning off the screen (versus my usual fingerprint unlock). Haven't dug deeper on this one, so if anyone knows how to bypass the security policy, let me know.

"On Call Proximity" would've done the trick, had it only worked on my model.

I've tried so many different dialer apps I don't have count of them, and those that do have a replacement for the in-caller look like crap and has pretty limited functionality.

I'm running TyrannusROM v29.1 with Tyrannus kernel.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones