Proximity Sensor Issues

Last Updated:

1. brettlewis

brettlewis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have been having this issue for quite some time, but just figures it was a bug in one of the BB roms I was using. Well, since then I have been through about 10 different versions of bugless beast, droid mod, and several others.

My issue seems to be that when I make a phone call and put the phone next to my head, although the screen turns off, the touch is still activated.

I will be in a call and I will feel the phone vibrate against my head. I usually hit the pound of star key on the phone, and as soon as buttons are pressed in a call, it seems to mute my voice to the person on the other side of the call. I have to remove the phone from my face, wait for the sensor to realize i moved my face, and have to press the backspace button till all the random characters are deleted at which point the person on the other side can hear me again.

This happens to me on about 80% of my calls, and is by far the most frustrating issue I have had.

Do you think I should re-install stock and bring it in? :confused:

btw, I posted this in root sub-forum cause I am rooted, and wasn't sure if it was just a rom issue.

Advertisement
  2. brettlewis

bumpity bump bump

3. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

If it happens with every rom you try...I'd take it back. I have never had an inadvertent keypress while on a phone call...never. If it was happening all the time to me, that would be a big problem.

brettlewis likes this.
  4. brettlewis

fanx.

heres your prize
    [​IMG]

5. brettlewis

I just attempted to stock my phone and now im stuck in the infinite boot loop.
    Its completely uprooted, but not doing anything. How do I go about fixing this?

6. Shadowtech

Shadowtech Well-Known Member

7. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Agreed. Your un-rooting anyway...Using SBF will get rid of all traces that you ever rooted. Nice pic by the way...my cats are less cute and more of a pain in the ass! Haha!

8. brettlewis

hm. all I did was use droid mod and used the stock option. It booted up the first time, but none of the hardware buttons were working and most of the apps were busted.

I did a battery pull, rebooted into a boot loop several times.

started up by holding down x, did the cam and volume up, and pressed "set to stock" or something like that. so I think it wanted me to clear the cache or something. It worked after that.

I guess Ill see what happens when I go in tomorrow.

9. brettlewis

they wouldnt replace it based on the sensor. told me to "wait one week till 2.1 came out"

however, I showed them my broken keyboard key and they replaced it based on that. sweet :D