• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Proximity Sensor Issues?

jrenewill

Apr 7, 2010
I have asked this question in a few threads, but it got lost or ignored. I'm going to try again here. I suppose I could just wait until the 29th, but I'm curious.

I previously had a Droid for about 10 days. Due to the proximity sensor issues, I had tons of accidental hangups and mutes. I searched the internet and found that a large majority of women were having the same problem--and it was blamed on "long hair". I don't have long hair, but i tried to move my hair out of the way each time I answered a call to avoid the issue. However, I still ran into the problem of the hang ups at least 4 times a day.

Does anyone know if I will have the same issue with this phone? Is the proximity sensor in the same area as it was on the Droid (top left corner)?

Thanks in advance.

Ok, thanks for the responses. I thought the Droid was Motorola and the Incredible was HTC--so different manufacturers. I have never owned an iphone (and don't want to), but I have used my friend's a few times. We've never had issues with the accidental hangups, so I know that this technology can work.

Again, thanks for the info.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones