Proximity Sensor Issues?General

Last Updated:

1. jrenewill

jrenewill Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I have asked this question in a few threads, but it got lost or ignored. I'm going to try again here. I suppose I could just wait until the 29th, but I'm curious.

I previously had a Droid for about 10 days. Due to the proximity sensor issues, I had tons of accidental hangups and mutes. I searched the internet and found that a large majority of women were having the same problem--and it was blamed on "long hair". I don't have long hair, but i tried to move my hair out of the way each time I answered a call to avoid the issue. However, I still ran into the problem of the hang ups at least 4 times a day.

Does anyone know if I will have the same issue with this phone? Is the proximity sensor in the same area as it was on the Droid (top left corner)?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
  2. ncsustash

ncsustash Well-Known Member

It is very likely that you will have the same issue as the phones are made by the same company, run the same version of android, and were roughly manufactured at the same time.

3. DocTauri

DocTauri Well-Known Member

Huh? Droid is made by Motorola... I think you misunderstood the OP.

4. ccoager

ccoager Well-Known Member

5. chasemyaccord

chasemyaccord Well-Known Member

if(!YoureOnCrack)
    DroidIncredible!= MotoDroid;
    else
    YoureOnCrack= true;

viperman2008 and Nolesfan like this.
  6. QrafTee

QrafTee Well-Known Member

So what you're saying is... if I think the Droid Incredible is the same as the Motorola Droid... I'm on crack.

7. jrenewill

Ok, thanks for the responses. I thought the Droid was Motorola and the Incredible was HTC--so different manufacturers. I have never owned an iphone (and don't want to), but I have used my friend's a few times. We've never had issues with the accidental hangups, so I know that this technology can work.

Again, thanks for the info.

8. jrenewill

9. Rubik76

Rubik76 Well-Known Member

I've had no issues with the proximity sensor on the Eris. No guarantees that Inc uses the same tech, but it stands to reason.

EDIT: just scrolled up a few and read about the new sensors... Duh... Anyhow, if the one in the Eris worked, I can't imagine they'd put in a worse one for the Inc...

jrenewill likes this.