Proximity sensor not working.Support

1. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member

I've noticed that my proximity sensor does not work all time. I know this because when I'm on the phone I usually walk around the house and when I pass a mirror I can se the screen is on. or sometimes at night I can see the light from the screen on while I'm on a call. Is there any way to fix this without exchanging it?

Advertisement
    :
  2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

what steps have you done to troubleshoot?

remove the battery?

install any apps prior this happening?

clean off the sensor area?

phone in a case?

factory reset?
  3. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member

Its only 3 weeks old. And I have less apps on this 1 than I did on my 4g. And they are the same apps I had before. I actually noticed this the second day I had it but was typo lazy to do anything about it.
  4. nvr4g3t

nvr4g3t Member

My phone is less than a week old and I too am having issues with this... It (the screen )doesn't turn back on when u pull it from my ear... I've tried cleaning it... I'll do a battery pull... If it doesn't fix it.... I'm still in my 30 days so I'll make sprint give me a new one ;)
    We'll see...
  5. Slash3040

Slash3040 Well-Known Member

If youre on speaker phone or in a dark environment that may be your culprit
    nvr4g3t likes this.
  6. nvr4g3t

nvr4g3t Member

Thanks for the tip... I seems to happen no matter the environment... I notice it most in a well lit room?.?.
  7. Knewz

Knewz Well-Known Member

There is a recalibration app i used to fix that problem. It's called Proximity Recalibrator. I didn't get it from the market; may have to google the .apk. The app symbol looks like a Lambda
    nvr4g3t likes this.
  8. mariposa21

mariposa21 Member

I dowloaded the app from Rezound. How does it work?