Proximity sensor not working.Support

Last Updated:

1. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member

I've noticed that my proximity sensor does not work all time. I know this because when I'm on the phone I usually walk around the house and when I pass a mirror I can se the screen is on. or sometimes at night I can see the light from the screen on while I'm on a call. Is there any way to fix this without exchanging it?

2. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

what steps have you done to troubleshoot?

remove the battery?

install any apps prior this happening?

clean off the sensor area?

phone in a case?

factory reset?
  3. isaemm

isaemm Well-Known Member

Its only 3 weeks old. And I have less apps on this 1 than I did on my 4g. And they are the same apps I had before. I actually noticed this the second day I had it but was typo lazy to do anything about it.
  4. nvr4g3t

nvr4g3t Member

My phone is less than a week old and I too am having issues with this... It (the screen )doesn't turn back on when u pull it from my ear... I've tried cleaning it... I'll do a battery pull... If it doesn't fix it.... I'm still in my 30 days so I'll make sprint give me a new one ;)
    We'll see...
  5. Slash3040

Slash3040 Well-Known Member

If youre on speaker phone or in a dark environment that may be your culprit
    nvr4g3t likes this.
  6. nvr4g3t

nvr4g3t Member

Thanks for the tip... I seems to happen no matter the environment... I notice it most in a well lit room?.?.
  7. Knewz

Knewz Well-Known Member

There is a recalibration app i used to fix that problem. It's called Proximity Recalibrator. I didn't get it from the market; may have to google the .apk. The app symbol looks like a Lambda
    nvr4g3t likes this.
  8. mariposa21

mariposa21 Member

I dowloaded the app from Rezound. How does it work?