proximity sensor problems anyone?General

Last Updated:

1. bagged00

bagged00 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

seems like i may have another proximity sensor problem. had a droid eris that kept hanging up on people and they said it was me finally i got them to get me another phone due to the proximity sensors and it quit. tonight the first time i mainly have used the actual telphone part of the cell phone, i noticed in the corner of my eye the screen going on and off while the phone was up to my head. then i heard a click to find out that i just hung up on my dad when i was talking to him. also signal was ridiculous. i live probably 5 or 6 min away from verizon, not in the woods and my dad kept tellin me he couldnt here and ended up hanging up on me once because he thought the call was lost. overall my first phone experience was horrible. this was the first problem ive had with this phone next to the battery of course. probably gonna go to verizon tomorrow and speak with them about it

Advertisement
  2. acidarmitage

acidarmitage Well-Known Member

maybe looking at your phone disables the proximity sensor... try ignoring your urge to look at it next time and see if that helps

3. bagged00

i mean i kept it flush with my ear or whatever and notice the home and menu and all the other lights at the bottom lighting up.

4. RG34

RG34 Member

I originally had the same problem with the Motorola Droid and took it back because of it.

Right now, I'm noticing the light come on every now and then on the Incredible but not often enough for it to cause an issue (not yet anyway). Try to have them swap it out and see if it helps.

5. acidarmitage

acidarmitage Well-Known Member

lol you talk on your phone funny if you can see the lights.... other than that comment, im completely useless here I dont even know where the sensor is. Maybe its on the bottom of the phone?

6. bagged00

just tested it out again while calling my girlfriends phone to see if it would do it and it did.
    proximity sensor is at the top right of the phone right next to the verizon word.

7. Cinsue

Cinsue Active Member

Yep, had that problem tonight. I was talking with my mom and all of a sudden she was on speaker, so I must have touched something with my face. When I took the phone away from my face to try to turn off the speaker, the phone started dialing 9999999999999999999 and I was only touching the sides of the phone. I told my mom the phone was acting weird and that I would call her back. I hung up and called her back with no problem. I kept checking the phone the second time and the phone was locked. I had the same problem with 2 Moto Droids and returned them both. Sure hope this was a one time occurance for the DI.