Proximity SensorGeneral

1. garment69

garment69 Well-Known Member

Does anyone using the phone notice it takes an extended amount of time for the screen to turn back on after taking the phone away from your face? Mine takes about three seconds. Wondering if I have a defective proximity sensor.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Rukbat

Rukbat Well-Known Member

Is 3 seconds enough to go through the hassle of getting the phone replaced? I wouldn't bother. (Just my personal feelings.) Is it worth bringing it to the carrier and asking them to note it on the record, so that if it fails after the warranty is up, you have good grounds for a warranty repair? I would.
  3. garment69

Right, but I'm interested to know if the delay is being experienced by other Z1 Compact owners.
  4. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Do you have a screen protector fitted, and if so is it designed specifically for the Z1C? Reason I ask is that I had a customer today with a similar problem (different handset) which turned out to be a badly-aligned protector partially obscuring the prox sensor.
  5. marc1977

marc1977 Well-Known Member

I second what Slug mentions. I've had customers with the correct protector on their handset, but poorly fitted (dust, bubbles), even this can cause big problems.
  6. garment69

Thanks guys, but I dont think its the screen protector. There is a diagnostic tool on the compact and it tests the proximity sensor and it appears to be working fine. Still, there is a long delay when on calls and you take the phone away from your ear. Are either of you guys using the phone? Really looking for confirmation about this behavior.
  7. suparuss

suparuss Well-Known Member Contributor

I'm also having this issue, screen staying black just a few seconds too long
    garment69 likes this.