Proximity sensors gone wild!Support

Last Updated:

1. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator This Topic's Starter

My Moments (de03) proximity sensor stuck on last night. If the phone was asleep, passing a finger in front of the sensor turned the screen on. If you were using the phone and passed a finger in front of the sensor, the screen would lock. I've never seen this happen before de03, a reboot cleared it up. Anyone else notice this? Or is it just a one off thing?

Advertisement
  2. dannyniceboy

dannyniceboy Member

I had a similar issue that was fixed with a reboot. The screen would lock itself then turn back on in quick (3-5 second) intervals

3. IOWA

IOWA Mr. Logic Pants Moderator

Happened to me too. For some reason it doesn't shut off after a phone call. You can reboot, as stated, or an easier fix is just to call your voicemail, let it ring once or twice, and hang up. =P

4. Adrift

Adrift Well-Known Member

I had (have?) this problem as well... have had it since I got the phone though (back in Nov.). I noticed that when I had the phone out on a table while studying in the library, any time someone would walk past, the phone would suddenly wake up then go right back to sleep, if a group would pass, it would start flashing crazily. Has never really bothered me though.

5. gamer83

gamer83 Member

I've just recently figured out this was causing my phone's gremlins. I couldn't figure out why the phone would just go to sleep while in use and lock up. Sure enough, passing my finger, even for a slight second, over the sensor shuts the screen down and locks it....horrible. IMO proximity sensor should only dim the screen when making calls/listening to voicemail. Samsung is just too lazy to program this properly. Even in 2.1, mega bugs galore, and no multi-touch. This is my last Samsung ever, I can't wait to get an HTC on June 4th.

6. pastafarian

pastafarian Pâtes avec votre foie Moderator This Topic's Starter

A simple reboot cleared it up and it hasn't returned.

7. gamer83

gamer83 Member

I can confirm a reboot has cleared this up for now. My other 2.1 bugs are still intact however.