• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Proxy

MCSPIKE

Lurker
Feb 11, 2013
Hey, I'm trying to use Tor, but it doesn't seem to work I also you orbot with it but it always gives me an error. I have used other proxy browsers but none work at all also, id lg esteem not proxy capable? Also i don't want to use a proxy website, but rather a proxy browser. None work, not even just regular VPN's or regular proxy apps. Does anyone know if it's just my phone or all Lg Esteems? Thanks.

"Proxy browser" doesn't really make sense - any browser you use has your IP address. Using a proxy server means that any connection you make through that server has its IP address, not yours. Tor works like that - you're using other Tor users' computers as proxy servers.

(Proxy website makes almost as much sense as proxy browser, unless you're using it to mean proxy server.)

As far as why your LG can't use a Tor or other proxy server, it could be that you're setting it up wrong. Install orbot. Set it up. Long-press to get it running. (You may have to do it more than once before it'll be running.) Install Orweb. You should be able to go to anywhere on the web you like - anonymously. Orweb won't do Flash, but if you're rooted, you may be able to use Dolphin.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones