• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

PS Vita

In general the Sony platform has been lacking in recent years. The PSP was promised to have many many titles with online capabilities but only.10 games have online matchmaking. Most don't even have dlc, one of the biggest games that should have seen this was MHFU. because of the insane difficulty curve it's very hard to find players near you to do quests. Now on the vital they've dropped the ball again by not having strong, original launch titles and releasing a small psx library. I hope for their sake they add more to it, as it stands without drastic measures the vital is dead in the water, hemorrhaging money.

Upvote 0
In general the Sony platform has been lacking in recent years. The PSP was promised to have many many titles with online capabilities but only.10 games have online matchmaking. Most don't even have dlc, one of the biggest games that should have seen this was MHFU. because of the insane difficulty curve it's very hard to find players near you to do quests. Now on the vital they've dropped the ball again by not having strong, original launch titles and releasing a small psx library. I hope for their sake they add more to it, as it stands without drastic measures the vital is dead in the water, hemorrhaging money.

I mean.. they have stated that their full intention is to add more to the library in terms of PSV and PSX titles. Truthfully, the future for Vita looks bright, but it can only extend as far as Sony allows it to. Judging from Sony's track record, I can understand why people have been skeptical to purchase the device.

Upvote 0
I would really like to see the Vita succeed, but I think its been caught in the middle of the internal struggle within a company that is very resistant to change, but is losing a lot of money. Time will tell if the Vita survives the axe or not, but I'm skeptical that it will survive. They need to show the will to put a lot of money into developing high quality games for it, or it will wither on the vine. They also need to make an effort to kick start more third party development.

Reactions: NYCHitman1
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones