Ps2 controller to nexus 7

1. The Miki Show

The Miki Show Well-Known Member

I just did a how to video for connecting a PS2 controller to a Nexus 7. It has everything you need to do it. It cost me 6 dollar because I had the old ps2 controller just laying around. I tried it with a ps1 controller but it did not work.

It also works for connecting the controller to your computer.

Video:

Link to all the items:
    THE MIKI SHOW | PS2 TO NEXUS 7

Advertisement
    AndroidWallies likes this.
  2. The Miki Show

3. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

You should be able to get it to work with guitar hero if you use the sixaxis controller app.

I haven't tried ps2
  4. The Miki Show

Do they have guitar hero for Android? The real guitar hero. Also to use the sixaxis controller app. The tablet must be rooted.
  5. The Miki Show

This also works with a Power USB Hub so you can charge your device while playing it.
  6. Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Oil Can!!! Oil Can!!! VIP Member

Not really sure if they have a Guitar hero for Android really. If I come across it I'll let you know. :)
    freon600a likes this.
  7. Metabo

Metabo Member

That's neat, thanks. Does the PS2 controller work for emulators such as for N64 or PS1?
  8. The Miki Show

Yes, it does work. Emulators Rock! :) Go ninja turtles.
  9. The Miki Show

That would be great. A true non emulator guitar hero.
  10. The Miki Show

Using the OTG CABLE and a 4port usb hub. I was able to charge my nexus 7, connect a wireless keyboard and mouse, ps2 controller and 16 Gig USB key.

Here is a link to the USB HUB:
    Newegg.com - GearHead UH2100 4-port USB 2.0 Hub with Integrated USB Cable

I ordered another ps2 to usb cable so I can try to play the NES game "Contra" Emulator. In two player mode. (I'll update everyone on my progress.)
  11. HappyJoe

HappyJoe Well-Known Member

You'll run all those things using the Nexus' battery power?? Post us a .gif of your power-meter dropping at terminal velocity!
  12. The Miki Show

The usb hub is powered. So no battery drain. :)
  13. Great share, thanks!
  14. The Miki Show

I'm still waiting on the other ps2 to usb cable so I can try dual player games.
  15. The Miki Show

The cable came in and playing with dual players did not work. Still looking.
  16. h4x0rj3ff

h4x0rj3ff Chemist

Might have to order one of these up :) got a few old ps2 controllers lying around :) thanks
  17. The Miki Show

Yeah. It works perfectly on most android devices and for your PC using the Blue Stack App. :) :)