1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

PS3 Controller Idea

Last Updated:

1. Azelis

Azelis Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Apr 28, 2010
    Now this is FAR from a perfect solution but I can almost guaranty it would still be a popular one for the moment. It's been all but finalized that we can't use a PS3 controller with Android at the moment. So why not use something in the middle? Say we hook a PS3 controller to a computer and then the computer to the Android? Most Android remote apps work the other way around I know but there's no reason you couldn't write one in reverse.

Just an idea, I'm only a first semester programming student and haven't even started on Java yet (that's in a year). Believe me I'd be modding a BGP100 if I could find one of the blasted things. Found a single one on eBay and the bid's at $51 with 4 days to go. Willing to wager that ends up around $100.

2. Legato

Legato Well-Known Member

Jun 10, 2010
    they make Wiimote apps for Android. There are two...one is free the other costs $5. Both do the same thing. Turn on your BT and connect the wiimote to it. That's how i play NESoid and SNESoid. With my wiimote or classic controller. They even allow the use of the classic controller with it...i don't see why a PS3 controller that is BT already can't do the same thing. You wouldn't even need the PC. Connect the controller right to the phone