PS3 "remote play"

Last Updated:

1. 1fastyfz

1fastyfz Member

PS3's latest update has added the feature remote play to be used with a mobile phone for pc over the network, it previously could only use a psp. I think the phone or pc has to have sony's "remote play" program for it to work and I think only comes on sony phones and pc's but it would be really cool if someone could figure out how to make an app for android

2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

how would it communicate with the PS3? bluetooth?
  3. dirtbikerac

dirtbikerac Active Member

No, it would communicate through WiFi or 3G. As you can connect a PSP to the PS3 through the local wifi or through an internet connection miles away.

I have been hoping someone could make this app, as it seems extremely useful and awesome at the same time!
  4. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

I so want an apk that does exactly this! Streaming video to droid x? remote play... keyboard support... would be pretty sweet!
  5. Happs

Happs Member

6. Eddie_Brock

Eddie_Brock Well-Known Member

I have tried with my Sony Ericsson X10, and I wasn't able to connect the two. (3.42 firmware, Android 1.6)

I THINK the problem was my router is using WPA2 encryption, and the Remote Play feature only seems to support WEP/WPA, maybe is this all the PSP supports?

I haven't bothered to lower the encryption to try, anyone else have any luck with this?
  7. sibbor

sibbor New Member

Yes, I was able to connect RemotePlay from my computer to my PS3 using the official software, both using WiFi with WPA2-encryption.

So it has to be something else, unfourtnely.
  8. Eddie_Brock

Eddie_Brock Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about from a computer, I'm talking about from a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 smartphone...