PS3 "remote play"

Last Updated:

1. 1fastyfz

1fastyfz Member

PS3's latest update has added the feature remote play to be used with a mobile phone for pc over the network, it previously could only use a psp. I think the phone or pc has to have sony's "remote play" program for it to work and I think only comes on sony phones and pc's but it would be really cool if someone could figure out how to make an app for android

Advertisement
  2. TheSultan

TheSultan Well-Known Member

how would it communicate with the PS3? bluetooth?
  3. dirtbikerac

dirtbikerac Active Member

No, it would communicate through WiFi or 3G. As you can connect a PSP to the PS3 through the local wifi or through an internet connection miles away.

I have been hoping someone could make this app, as it seems extremely useful and awesome at the same time!
  4. DangerMouse

DangerMouse Member

I so want an apk that does exactly this! Streaming video to droid x? remote play... keyboard support... would be pretty sweet!
  5. Happs

Happs Member

6. Eddie_Brock

Eddie_Brock Well-Known Member

I have tried with my Sony Ericsson X10, and I wasn't able to connect the two. (3.42 firmware, Android 1.6)

I THINK the problem was my router is using WPA2 encryption, and the Remote Play feature only seems to support WEP/WPA, maybe is this all the PSP supports?

I haven't bothered to lower the encryption to try, anyone else have any luck with this?
  7. sibbor

sibbor New Member

Yes, I was able to connect RemotePlay from my computer to my PS3 using the official software, both using WiFi with WPA2-encryption.

So it has to be something else, unfourtnely.
  8. Eddie_Brock

Eddie_Brock Well-Known Member

I'm not talking about from a computer, I'm talking about from a Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 smartphone...