• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root PSA - Do not confuse King with Kingo!

I've seen atleast 2 people get a brick by Rooting with KingoRoot. So I'll just let this slip out here.

KingRoot does not cause bricks.

KingoRoot does.

There are only 2 ways of Rooting this device right now from my knowledge:

LG One Click Root Script

KingRoot

Hope this clears up some things with people bricking their phones by putting a 'O' at the end of a Google search.

Ok so one click Kingroot for firware 10e works fine to gain root on the 5.1.1 stock Leon correct? Can anybody confirm if its and I do believe Kingroot 4.5 that is in english? And thanks for any input. Oh! and as I dont feel compfortable with running supersume without TWRP as I had softbricked my first Leon trying to remove kingroot without recovery. Anyway Im extreamily familiar with LG and what bloatware one can usually get rid of, basically Im asking because Ive known folks who claim to just use kingroot no recovery and just be very carefull as to what alterations they make etc.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones