PSA: Profile/PRL update deleted bookmarks

Last Updated:

1. Hoos

Hoos Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just a PSA to get a good backup app and backup your data.

Last night, I updated the PRL and Profile on my Sprint Hero and it deleted all of my bookmarks and replaced them with a bunch of standard bookmarks (Google, Flickr, Facebook, MySpace, NYTimes, etc.) - none of which I use.

Fortunately, I had downloaded a backup app on Monday and was able to restore mine very quickly.

I'm somewhat surprised since, short of a full upgrade, I haven't known Sprint to push out stuff to overwrite personal info. :mad: I'll definitely keep an eye on this in the future because it bugs me.

Advertisement
  2. gh0atd

gh0atd Well-Known Member

You sure about that? What is your updated PRL?

3. Hoos

Hoos Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

No, I'm not sure. I am sure that I ran both the PRL and Profile update last night and they both applied changes. Which is why I mentioned both. No other changes (no new apps, didn't power off).

My PRL version is 60662. Don't know what it was before the update.

The bookmarks were changed in both the bookmarks widget and in the bookmarks menu from within the browser.

But my main point was to get a backup app on your device. Just to avoid the issues when something like this happens. Regardless of the cause.

4. i VTAK

i VTAK Well-Known Member

What is a profile update? I've been too scared to do it. I know what the PRL update is and done it recently, but not Profile.