PSA: version 2.5 of Dolphin

Last Updated:

1. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Version 2.5 of Dolphin is now available in the market.

For those upgrading, make sure you have backed up your bookmarks, as the upgrade blows them away. Also make sure you've saved the URL of your home page.

I have mine backed up in Google Bookmarks so I can easily reload them into Dolphin.

Version 2.5 is really nice, so far, with a simplified menu, better colors and visuals and the return of the scroll indicator.

jd

Advertisement
  2. mersh21

mersh21 Well-Known Member

Make sure if you already have the dolphin browser that you uninstall and then re-install the app. If you just do the update the browser will continue to force close.

3. dvdqnoc

dvdqnoc Well-Known Member

Has the pinch to zoom finally become smooth? Or is it still sluggish like the previous versions of dolphin were?

4. mersh21

mersh21 Well-Known Member

Haven't messed with it yet really? It was pretty sluggish on the previous version.

5. Fredro

Fredro Member

I played with it on a few sites and it seems about the same.

6. imb951

imb951 Well-Known Member

Tested Dolphin 2.5 on a website with a flash intro. Doesn't work; uninstalled. Stock browser FTW.

I like Dolphin and all its extra features, but if I have to sacrifice flash, I will stick with the stock browser. One of the main reasons I got a Hero was its flash website support. The stock browser is just as fast as Dolphin, anyone who says otherwise is suffering from the placebo effect.

Fingers crossed that Firefox for Android will support the Hero's flash capabilities.

7. mattcoz

mattcoz Well-Known Member

How do you backup the bookmarks? :confused:

8. jimdroid

jimdroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've found two ways to back up bookmarks, neither ideal, but first, you should try backing them up with Google Bookmarks.

If that doesn't work:

Save all the bookmarks to your home screen's desktop (longPress:ShortCut:MGeekBookmark). If you have a lot of bookmarks, create a folder and put all the bookmarks in that folder. You can re-"import" them into Dolphin by clicking on them, then saving them as bookmarks in Dolphin.

or

Go to Google Bookmarks and enter all your bookmarks (pretty easy to do on a computer) then use Sync from the bookmark page of Dolphin to pull them from the PC. I opted for this approach, as I experiment a lot and have had to reload bookmarks for Dolphin several times.

hope this helps

jd