PSP Phone Being Announced December 9th?

Last Updated:

1. phandroid

phandroid Admin News Bot Recognized Contributor This Topic's Starter

We’d heard rumors that the PlayStation Phone was being canned – at least for the time being – for whatever reason, but it seems Sony Ericsson France thinks otherwise according to this invitation to French press regarding a December 9th unveiling. Below the text – which mentions SE France’s Pierre Perron – lies images of [...]

More...

Advertisement
  2. monyong

monyong New Member

nice info...next year maybe ?^^

3. Ramzes13

Ramzes13 Well-Known Member

Unlimited data plan for multiplayer?

4. lordofthereef

lordofthereef Well-Known Member

I just don't see this thing as being successful. I mean if it is its own system with its own games you are shutting out people that JUST want to play games because they aren't going to want an expensive contract just to own the console. If it is just a PSP Go with a phone in it, well, I would honestly rather just have a PSP go (and I think most will agree). The battery is going to be destroyed through gaming sessions and then all of the sudden you no longer have a powered phone. I suppose over the ait game downloads and such would be a neat concept, but this thing would be the most data hungry phone ever. I sure don;t want it on my network!

5. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I don't think it's going to be functioning like a PSP go with a phone built in... maybe more like a high-end android phone with a specialized game-gripper built in. That's the only sane way I can think of things working for it. The 'keyboard' aspect has basically been swapped for a game pad interface. That, sounds a lot like an in-built game gripper to me, minus being able to take it off for the keyboard.