PSX4Droid Adding RomsSupport

Last Updated:

1. brilor04

brilor04 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So PSX4Droid finally got released from the clutches of Google Market about an hour ago. Only problem now is I can't seem to get any roms to work. I set up a PSXROMS folder on my SD card, and my first d/l was Metal Gear Solid disc 1 and 2. I got them from here PSX ISO Download Section. So I downloaded the .rar, unzipped to get the .bin (says it's compatible), open the emulator, the emulator sees the files in the folder, I click it, it refreshes the rom screen. The emulator doesn't start. Am I doing something wrong? Wrong file type? Anyone help?

Thanks,

-brilor04

Advertisement
  2. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

First off WOOOHOOO for PSX4Droid!
    2nd off, I will try this when I get home tonight and let you know if I have any luck. :)

Purchased and am anxious to get home now, lol.. $6, not too shabby. I was hoping it would be a little cheaper on its initial release, but oh well.

3. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

What's up with this app? I purchased last night and hi am still stuck on authorizing.....

4. brilor04

brilor04 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Google had his account withheld and any purchases were stalled. Mine went through though and I bought it last night. Now I just can't get any ROMS to work!!! Frustrating! Anyone get it to work yet?

5. bubbleywine

bubbleywine Well-Known Member

i tried a bin que an iso and an img file and none of them i could get to load

6. necosino

After looking around, .bin or .iso seem to have the best results, and this seems to have a really high compatibility rate.

7. potterdood

potterdood Well-Known Member

all I got was a black screen and when I hit the back button it ask me if I wanted to leave the game or save it etc...meaning it works, but doesn't work, haha.

8. necosino

Then it's just a bad ROM, try a different one.

9. Hand76

Hand76 Guest

So I have to wait for Google to free up his account?

10. necosino

I was able to purchase without any trouble today. Maybe email him and ask to cancel the order, then place it again.