1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

PSX4Droid - How Do You Swap Discs?

Last Updated:

1. DavDroid

DavDroid Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I have PSX4Droid and it's great, but my question is how do you play .bin/roms that are downloaded and include Disc 1 and Disc 2? I just downloaded Metal Gear Solid, but would like to know how to swap the discs to resume gameplay when I beat the first disc.

Thank you!!!

Advertisement
  2. hydralisk

hydralisk Well-Known Member

From what I understand, you save your state before or at the point it asks you to switch discs. Then you close the game. Load up Disc 2 of the game with the emulator, and then reload your saved state.

3. Therev29

Therev29 Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it but you will want to rename the save state so it matches the name of your disc 2 name.

Most of the final fantasy games let you make an in game save at the change disc screen so you just have to load disc 2 and select the save from memory card.

If that doesn't work the only other work around would be using a pc psx emulator to change discs.

4. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

I'm still trying to figure out how to play games period!

5. unleashedr

unleashedr New Member

Did you get MGS to work?

6. mpolo

mpolo New Member

I just got this working for final fantasy VII. You save the state as close as possible to the disc change (for me just before ester takes me up on the elevator) and then you do the following.

1) Copy the save game and image to the disc 2 folder (i did this in windows after hooking up the USB and mounting the drive, but I'm sure you can do this on the phone using astro file manager or whatever program you want).

2) Rename the files to match the name of the disc, which means you probably just have to change the disc name.

3) Start psx4droid on the new disc. You'll see your save game, load and enjoy.

As I said it worked for me in this case, hopefully it will for other games!

7. mpolo

mpolo New Member

^--- on my previous post I am now running into issues with cut-scenes not playing correctly and it's stopped me at the point where i am about to enter the Mines of Gi.

I went back and retried the place where it failed last time and it worked... so apart from having to replay a good chunk of the game, it's working now.

8. No_u

No_u Well-Known Member

You guys do know that if you press menu there is an option saying swap discs now, right?