1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

PSX4Droid Tips and Tricks.

Last Updated:

1. nickreich

nickreich Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hello everyone. I'm going to attempt to maintain this thread in an effort to help people having trouble with the emulator.

NOTE** I'm not sure what the specific rules are regarding emulators and emulation for this forum, but lets be safe rather than sorry. So, I ask that you do not mention where/how to obtain ROMs, SCPHxxxx.bin, or the acquisition of said files in general. It will be assumed that anyone mentioning a specific ROM file has obtained it legitimately.

I'm going to try to compile a FAQ here. So let's post our questions here and help each other out.

I'll begin with a question myself.
    I have used the emulator with a .img file and it works great but cannot seem to get it to work with any other file format. Is it necessary to inclue the .cue file with the .bin when using bin files? I have unecm'd it already.

1. What is the best filetype to load?
    Nutzy19 has experienced success with psp eboots. "work great... the extension is .PBP"

____

Advertisement
  2. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member

I have included the .cue files with my .bin files and I can't get any of them to work.

Here are a few questions:

Are there any free utilities to rip in .img format?

I found a pack of 9 bios files. Which should I be using?

3. shawn1224

shawn1224 Ex CEO-DNPSEA foundation VIP Member

.bin files should work fine by themselves.

It could be just a bad rom

4. Asterdroid

Asterdroid Well-Known Member

Yeah I've tried with two different downloads, two different bios files, and two different roms I ripped myself. None of it is working :(

5. Nutzy19

Nutzy19 Member

psp eboots work great... the extension is .PBP

6. nickreich

nickreich Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Nutzy19

7. jmoh

jmoh Member

If the sound doesn't work well on a rom, try to go in the games menu and see if you can change the sound output to mono. I did this for a few games and it greatly improved the quality of sound.

8. zezura

zezura Member

i tried that and FF9 still wont play sound during the cutscenes. also in ff9 the battle screen flickers. its annoying but playable.

moto droid 1ghz

9. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

cue files are not used by the emu. The app's market description is very literal in what will work :)

10. StuartTheFish

StuartTheFish Well-Known Member

You can download alcohol52% and burn to .iso if you want? It's been working fine for me so far.

11. thekidq

thekidq New Member

I got a few quetions, please don't bash me because I'm new to posting on this awesome site.

Anyway, my first question is if anyone has any tips on speeding things up on PSX4Droid. Especially the audio, its really choppy.

My second question is, does the PSX emu work with PSP ISOs, eboots, or .img files? I've gotten plenty of PS1 games to work, I was just wondering if PSP files were any different. Or if theres something I'm missing in the process to getting them to run. Thanks guys.

Moto Droid running froyo

12. StuartTheFish

Yep, I converted my FF9 images to EBOOT format and they work just the same as the normal images, reduced the filesize a fair bit too.

13. Extr3m1st

Extr3m1st Well-Known Member

I am not sure if this is what you meant but PSP ISO's will not work with this program. It is for PS1 games not PSP games.

14. StuartTheFish

He was on about PSP versions of PS1 games, you can convert PS1 games into PSP format to compress them in size a bit, and this emulator can still read them. Proper PSP games however are somewhere between PS1 and PS2 graphically, so no they won't work.

15. craigrn16

craigrn16 Well-Known Member

Does Marvel vs. Capcom work. I've tried it 3 times

16. jdaud

jdaud Well-Known Member

Does anybody have a way to reset the controls to their original state. I changed L1/L2 and R1/R2 to my volume/camera buttons for a game and I would like to return them to the screen. Thx