[Public Mobile] Installing Recovery & Root w/ OSX

Last Updated:

1. shutter_lag

shutter_lag New Member

First, thanks everyone for this fantastic resource on rooting the Warp! Until I found this board, I thought rooting any phone from PM would be a lost cause.

I'm trying to root my N860 with a Mac, and all of the various instructions seem to focus on Windows. Things such as copying files to an SD card pose no problem, but when it comes to using command prompt I get stuck.

I've tried replicating those commands in the Mac terminal, but it hasn't worked out. Does anybody have any experience both installing recovery and then rooting with a Mac?

Any advice would be much appreciated :)

Advertisement
  2. smartmanvartan

smartmanvartan Well-Known Member Contributor

do you have access to a windows computer? isn't there a way to bootstrap windows xp on a mac?

I found this thread... try this:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1917237

how long ago did you buy your phone? if you go to settings->about phone->does the build number have a b07 or a b08 in it?
    shutter_lag likes this.
  3. shutter_lag

shutter_lag New Member

I bought my phone in early September, so it's build B07.

That link you posted looks fantastic. I'm in the middle of mid-terms so I won't have a chance to try it out until next week, but thank you so much for going to the trouble.

Looking forward to your solution to the PM call and text glitches when you release beta 5, you're too good to us :)
    smartmanvartan likes this.
  4. singh30

singh30 Well-Known Member