• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps Publish app with no in-app billing

iamhas

Lurker
Jan 13, 2017
Dear all,
It is my first post so if there is any mistake then be lenient with me.

I have developed app and now want to publish it but before publish i want to know if google play store will allow me to publish if I did not use in-app billing system. i have implemented my own yearly subscription which is working following:
- when app subscription expired after a year then my app sent Https request to my server (in Python google cloud) which process and give me link and i open it on browser which is Paypal payment link.
- when user paid then i get back expiry date from server and i put it in local DB
will google play allow this mechanism to publish my app or i have to create in-app billing system for Google

Last edited:
Welcome to androidforums.com. I moved this to the development forum where other devs can probably give you a definitive answer. :)

I think you will probably get booted. IIRC removed a bunch of apps that had paypal donate buttons too. I think they want their cut. Hopefully someone in the know can confirm for you.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones