Pull my own teeth out or rooting, which do you think feels worse?

Last Updated:

1. GTPprix

GTPprix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

So far the rooting... Seriously I've tried all methods I can find on here, phone communicates fine on ADB while NOT trying to root... I get nothin :( I hope The Unrevoked method comes out soon!

Advertisement
  2. Shotgunx1x

Shotgunx1x Well-Known Member

The first thing the unrevoked team is releasing will help those who are all ready rooted. I'm not sure how long it will be till an easy root method is released. Just wait a little bit for your anger to cool off, then try again. I would suggest PDA net drivers, format your sd card, and the sd card trick before the recovery screen, good luck.

3. GTPprix

I've done the format the SD card, I dont suppose anyone has a link to the PDA net drivers? I'm assuming I swap those for the ADB driver...

Also the SD card trick I'm assuming is just timing the card insertion? I've gotten what I think is pretty decent at that.. no joy :(

4. Shotgunx1x

Just google PDA net, and download it. The drivers are in the client its self. Do you have HTC drivers installed?

5. GTPprix

Yup, HTC drivers installed comms with the unit, everything shows up in the system correctly heh.. I'm off to go find the PDA net maybe that will help :)

6. Shotgunx1x

Uninstall HTC sync, and uninstall the HTC drivers, and try using the PDA net drivers only.

GTPprix likes this.
  7. GTPprix

Will do, at this point I'll try anything :)

8. Shotgunx1x

Yeah, thats what worked for me on the first try without htc sync drivers and pda net drivers only.

9. GTPprix

No joy... this thing hates me LOL :D

10. crimton

crimton Well-Known Member

if you are willing to do anything then go try the 2gb PNY, its what finally worked for me...along with the pdanet drivers.

11. Shotgunx1x

What sd card are you using by the way?

12. GTPprix

I might just do that, I guess we'll have to see how desperate I get ;) The card that I'm using is an 8gb sandisk that came with my old BB storm.. I've read they arent the best for this.

13. Shotgunx1x

My 4gb sandisk took me 5 days before I was able to successfully root. I was on the verge of buying the 2gb PNY card because a lot of people were having success with it. If it were me, I would wait another day and try using your sandisk again, if still no luck, try the 2gb pny card. When I was doing the sd card trick, I actually pushed it in right before the recovery screen popped up, I initially thought it was to late, but it worked. Keep trying, and best of luck.

14. tudmf

tudmf Well-Known Member

Just pull your teeth out, far easier. This will drive you crazy, but is possible. What are you getting hung up on? I did it ALL, trust me.

15. zeke88

zeke88 Well-Known Member

i got it to work on a nokia 1gb card

once i got into the recovery screen, i set up loop.bat BUT** dont HIT enter yet!! i highlight recovery and press power button and hit enter AT THE SAME TIME!

this worked for me.

16. GTPprix

I cant even get past the step for shell in recovery LOL I'll give it a go some more tomorrow.

17. tudmf

tudmf Well-Known Member

That is the only hard part, don't get discouraged. If I can help, let me know.

18. GTPprix

I figured that was the hard part, I just wish we could all figure out some commonality between what works and what doesnt. If you watch the video its like he looks at the phone funny and boom root LOL

19. billster2006

billster2006 Well-Known Member

im going with the tooth pulling thing im so bummed i wanted root but i cant get it lol

20. Shotgunx1x

This might seem a little crazy, but try pushing your sd card in slower when doing the trick.

21. GTPprix

If you are on the fence and cant get anything to work... GO OUT AND BUY THE DAMN PNY 2GB CARD! Slapped it in, formatted it FAT 32 and BOOM instant root on the first try inserting the card at the screen glitch LOL Thanks for the help everyone!

22. aggieandroid84

aggieandroid84 Active Member

I will always choose root! It was ridiculously painful, but by the time I got it to work the feeling was pure ecstasy. Had an issue with the marketplace, but a factory reset fixed that and now I have full function and root!!! That feels better than any missing teeth!