Pulsar 1.5 to stock to overclock?

Last Updated:

1. mminer

mminer Member This Topic's Starter

Can anyone help? I bought a used telus milestone unlocked to use on att. when i opened it i relized that the notification bar was black and had the 3d app thing. after looking in the menu about phone it says it is running pulsar 1.5 helix. Would a normal root procedure for the stock rom work for this? and if it wouldnt how do i flash the stock rom? i am only rooting to overclock it so it dosent run to slow and to underclock it so i can actually get through a day of use.:confused:

Advertisement
  2. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

As far as I know Pulsar 1.5 is based on the 2.0.1 ROM and you need to use the root procedure for rooting 2.0.1. If it does not work you can always use RSD Lite and ROMs from this site -> motorola_milestone:sbf [And Developers]

mminer likes this.
  3. mminer

thanks, i think i am going to try to root the pulsar 1.5, it says its 2.1 though? does the 2.0.1 root still work? and than will i be able to use this ?milestone-overclock - Project Hosting on Google Code sorry for all the questions i am new to the milestone

4. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

Read, read, read and again read. :) People just need to read more.

On this site (Pulsar : Milestone Custom ROM - Android-Hilfe.de) it says the Pulsar MOD should only be installed on 2.0.1 so it's 2.0.1 based.
    As far as I know, the update.zip for rooting is the same for 2.0.1 and 2.1 because for 2.1 you need to install the vulnerable recovery image from 2.0.1.

And again, if you've read the release notes for the overclock module ...
    "2010-05-31 - Bugfix release 1.3.2, restores support for Milestone A853
    2010-05-30 - Released version 1.3 on the Market (thanks to all who donated) - now with Droid support! (if you have 1.2 installed you must uninstall it or 1.3 will fail the signature check)
    2010-05-27 - Added FAQ page and joined Flattr
    2010-05-26 - Added Screenshots page
    2010-05-25 - Released app/module version 1.2 (ChangeLog) - Should work with any Milestone with stock Android 2.x!
    2010-05-24 - Confirmed to work with Android 2.0.1! Addresses: freq_table_addr=0xc0509b24, mpu_opps_addr=0xc050a848 (French and UK Milestone -- Thanks laurent.commarieu and clausgedved)
    2010-05-23 - Released app version 1.1 (ChangeLog)
    2010-05-22 - Uploaded busybox with working dd to assist in disassembly"

Glad I could be of help. Next time, just read and read again if you don't get it the first time. ;)

5. mminer

OK very cool, haha i will read a bit more into next time. So before i go on with this i want to make sure I have the right plan.
    1. root it like its 2.0.1
    2. than use the overclock file?

Will this wipe my phone? and jw but from my understanding i can use rsd and put my phone in bootloader mode and than flash my phone to stock 2.1 without any other action?

Thanks again man you are a big help:D

6. mminer

okay i went to use this root guide- Root Telus Motorola Milestone on Android Platform Easily | Gadgets DNA
    and i didnt do the flashing of the other rom.
    I got put the update zip on my sd card and trierd to apply it but my milestone dosent want to get off the triangle with the !. i tired holdin the camera and volume up like instructed but it didnt go off that screen:/:confused:

7. mminer

ok new update i am at the system recvery screen but its says installation aborted?

8. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

9. mminer

ok i tried both and they both end up with insatallation aborted. I renamed them update zip and tried them each. is there something i am missing? do i need to extract some part of it or something? Thanks

10. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

11. mminer

i am about to try this new one. do i need to flash the brazilian 2.01 sbf?

12. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

No, if you flash the brazilian SBF you'll lose Pulsar. Just try applying the update.zip from that post and if it does not work you can try with the brazilian SBF and later install Pulsar.

13. mminer

that one does not work either:/ it says that cannot find it? i am copying it to the root of my sd and am naming it update.zip jw does pulsar slow the system down at all? because i have not tried the stock rom.

14. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

If anything Pulsar should speed things up because it removes some of the unneeded applications.
    I thought you wanted to keep Pulsar. In that case I suggest you update to 2.1, root and remove some apps by hand.

15. mminer

o yeah i have really no attachment to pulsar. i just want a quick device. so i have never used rsd and stuff so what is the easiest way for me to have 2.1 and root? pulsar is nice with the back and stuff but would trade it for root if possible. thanks

16. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

17. mminer

ok thanks, just one question everyone talks about rsd, is thius likea recovery of ur phone on ur computer?

18. fejker

fejker Well-Known Member

RSD is a program that runs on your computer. You can flash SBF files with it.

19. mminer

ok i think i have somewhat of a understanding now. ok so becasue my flashing of the root file didnt work what is the downright easiest way to get root from my situation, i have been researching but unfortunatly it seems most of the info on pulsar 1.5 is in german :/

20. Eggos

Eggos Active Member

Try flashing the vulnerable recovery part on pulsar. It's odd that you wouldn't have root on Pulsar. Normally it will not work only when the vulnerability isn't there, but I would try flashing the vulnerable then trying the update.zip again.

If that doesn't work, Since you have no attachment to Pulsar, and you want to do it the easiest way possible just use the instructions in MILESTONE 2.1 update and root guide .
    Grab the 2.1 Telus ROM as your choice, and follow the steps from there on. You shouldn't have a problem.