1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Pulse 2.1 update in UKSupport

1. calamityjali

calamityjali New Member

Hi

I love my T mobile Pulse phone, but I seem to be unlucky in my 2.1 aspirations.
    I have tried twice to get it onto 2.1 Android and twice failed miserably and had to send it back to T mobile to get it repaired. The worst of it was, it came back with 1.5 on it after they released the 2.1 update on the web!

So now I am going to live without SWYPE, and various other apps as they are no longer supported on 1.5.:mad:

I am due an upgrade and I am having a good luck round now.

Reading on these forums it does seem that the update is possible,
    if so, then how exactly should it be done.
    In my case, I removed all my apps that I had downloaded and copied the dload to the sd card, I had an older dload folder on there which I renamed. Should I have deleted it?
    I am not fussy about losing information, I just wanted a more up to date Android! I am not techie enough to fiddle, but I did manage the update in December 2009...

Another thing, from my recent repair
    The repair centre says :
    we do not recommend customers to upgrade software to 2.1v or higher becouse it has not been approved by huawei, then T Mobile say do not upgrade it, if you ring them up and ask. So is the T Mobile web site T mobiles.... :)

So please take care with your T Mobile Pulse 2.1 update.

Advertisement
    :
  2. Hi,
    I updated from android 1.5 to the official 2.1 in Feb 2011 and had no problems at all.

Firstly, I followed the instructions on the t mobile web site and the upgrade took about 10 minutes, the phone went blank for about 5 minutes, then the pink t mobile sign came up at stayed for another 5 minutes before the upgrade was complete and the android wellcome screen came up.

I then noticed that all my installed apps, contacts, messages and emails were still on the phone so the upgrade did not wipe the phones data!