1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

pulse browser auto shut downSupport

1. nobbynutbags

nobbynutbags New Member

Hi all- I wanted to check with other pulse users whether they had a problem with the default browser closing unexpectedly on certain websites.

I've found one webpage which force closes the browser without fail and was wondering if anyone else can check whether it does the same to their phone.

Go to rightmove.com and type in a location to search for property (I used waterloo, south east london). Click the "For Sale" button
    On the next page leave everything as it is and click "find properties".
    My phone will auto close the browser before any properties come up! Anyone else got the same problem?

I've had 2 pulses now as the first had a screen issue (it registered button presses on the screen when I wasn't touching it) and both have closed the browser when I do the steps above!:confused:

I'm kind of getting a little bored with the phone being so flakey...

Advertisement
    :
  2. Muuurgh

Muuurgh Well-Known Member

I've got the same issue.

It won't be anything to do with the phone, it'll be something on their website (probably some javascript) that is causing the browser to crash. There are 325 html errors, and 48 CSS errors on that page. I'm surprised it looks as good as it does! Dodgy code.
  3. nobbynutbags

nobbynutbags New Member

Ah that's good to know that the phone is working as it should I guess. It was still frustrating that I couldn't get the estate agents details from the site when I needed it but at least its not the phones fault!
  4. muscleman

muscleman Member

hey guys have you tried installing the "Dolphin" Browser to see if it does the same on that one?
  5. muscleman

muscleman Member

Might be worth a go :)
  6. Muuurgh

Muuurgh Well-Known Member

I didn't even think about using another browser. Apparently Dolphin has pinch to zoom... does that work on the Pulse? That's if you end up using it nobby, I'm not trying to hijack the thread :)
  7. nobbynutbags

nobbynutbags New Member

Yep- tried that. The same thing happenned with the dolphin browser which is what led me to think it was the phone as opposed the the brwser.
  8. muscleman

muscleman Member

ow well there goes my thery lol..... and the pinch to zoom, dont work on the pulse unfortunetelly not that it really bothers me i find the pulse browser really nice :)