Pulse Hangs on Boot upSupport

Last Updated:

1. B-Nut

B-Nut New Member This Topic's Starter

My 3 month old Pulse hangs on the Android logo during the power on sequence. Up to that point it was needing more and more battery removal resets and I had to wipe a few times and start again when it was getting sluggish. Are there any other "harder" resets that can be done or is it back to the shop for repair?

Thx.

Advertisement
  2. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

You can download the firmware from the T-Mobile web site and completely re-install the OS. Might work.

3. B-Nut

B-Nut New Member This Topic's Starter

How can this be done if I cant even get past the initial Android banner that comes when I power on?:confused:

4. brykins

brykins Well-Known Member

There is a December 2009 update that you have to copy to SD card and then navigate to the right place on the phone to update.

BUT, the update released in November 2009 is a download that you unzip, then copy the files to (ideally a blank) SD card. You put the SD card in and turn on the Pulse holding down a three key combination (exact instructions are in the .doc file in the download) and then it automagically installs the update.

Hope that helps.

B-Nut likes this.
  5. edingal

edingal Member

Ive had a similar problem, tried the november update following the instructions but getting no where

6. edingal

edingal Member

Now when im trying to install the update it just says update failed with a big yellow triangle, no idea whats going wrong

7. darkweasel

darkweasel New Member

Same problem as original poster here. Where exactly do I find the firmware you're talking about? Does it matter that I use the German version?

I hope you can help me.

8. edingal

edingal Member

Finally got mine fixed, tried all the solutions from here and other places but got nowhere, ended taking it to a t-mobile shop and they sent it away for repair