• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Pulse - News Reader

This is just a great, high quality app, very happy.

It just looks great, and makes a lot more fun to read articles. I use it everyday. Imo, probably best app I use next to GPS/Navigation that actually gives me results. It's not perfect, but being able to read articles is just a distraction for me anyways. I don't depend on my phone for that.

Personally, the 20 feeds are not a big problem. (Like most people) I wake up to go to work in morning in a hurry, and maybe have quick few minutes to scan over my news in morning (if that). Otherwise, I'm in front of computer all day so I get my news over internet like normal. By lunchtime, is probably next opportunity to play with app but I'm not reading more than 10-15 minutes at a time anyways. I actually like to eat, mess around, and talk with people to blow off some steam. When I do have serious downtime like at an airport, waiting at doctors office, in a crowd of people I don't know, I find myself still reading in short bursts. Just choose your feeds wisely.

I have maybe 60 feeds on my Google Reader account, and my attention span turns to zero after about 10 seconds. The user experience sucks when filtering so many titles. This is so much better.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones